Today, I am thankful for my children.
I could have broken it up over 6 days, and gone child by child, but a. that would take up 6 days, and b. I don’t want one child thinking I like the other child better because I posted about them first. So, instead, I’ll put up a bullet-point list below and go child by child – in order from youngest to oldest so no feelings get hurt.
- Gage – My sweet, sweet boy. I could listen to his giggles and his babbling all day long. My favorite moments with him are when all the other kids are in bed, and I can snuggle with him on the couch. Even though he’s becoming quite the Daddy’s boy, he’s still willing to give me those precious snuggle times.
- Parker – My little monkey. Parker is the kindest little boy you will ever meet. If I ask him to do something, it’s done immediately. No fighting, no complaining, just action. He loves to eat – even my cooking – and he never, ever complains about what is put in front of him. He is thankful for even the little things, and he makes my heart smile.
- Lucy – My little princess. She has the most beautiful long blonde hair you’ve ever seen, and she’s just as pretty on the inside as she is on the out. Lucy loves to change her clothes a thousand times a day, and she’s the best little “mommy” to her baby dolls. She has a temper, but she also loves with her whole heart.
- Jace – My daredevil. Jace has no fear – except for showers and the dark. He loves to read, and he’s always eager to show me new words he’s learned. He plays hard, and he loves the outdoors. Keeping him inside on a sunny day is the worst punishment he could ever imagine. He still hugs me every morning, afternoon, and night, and he can’t go to sleep without being tucked in.
- Zander – My little artist. Zander has more artistic ability in his little finger than I do in my whole body. I’ll often find him sitting in front of the tv, with the screen paused, drawing exactly what is on the screen in front of him. It’s amazing. He is in all the gifted classes at school, and is just as smart as smart can be. It’s nice to have a little “grammar deputy” on my side. 🙂
- Ashley – All grown up and gorgeous. At 14, Ashley is so mature. So helpful and kind. She’s sensitive and gets hurt easily, but she’s quick to forgive. She has a heart of gold and will help anyone out in any way that she can. She loves to sing, loves to text her friends, and still talks to me about everything. She’s not boy crazy, thank heavens. It’s hard not to notice all the boys looking at her, though. Her heart belongs to Christ first and her Daddy second, so she’s safe for the time being. I am so proud of her and the woman she is quickly becoming.
I truly am Blessed Beyond Words.
What are you thankful for today?
If you are participating in 30 Days of Giving Thanks, please leave your link below. I hope you’ll also grab a button from the sidebar and share it on your blog as well. I’d love to stop by and read your posts on Giving Thanks.