I don’t know about you all, but when I’m pregnant, I can’t stand the suspense of waiting to find out what I’m having. I need to know what color clothes to purchase, because I can’t stand gender-neutral colors.
Here I am, pregnant with #6, and anxiously awaiting finding out what this sweet baby will be. Will it be another girl to even things out? Or, will the testosterone rule the house, and it’s another little Mama’s boy that I’m carrying? Since I’m only a little over 12 weeks along in my pregnancy, I’ve got a ways to go. At my 12 week check up yesterday, I got another ultrasound, but the doctor wouldn’t even attempt to look between the legs, insisting it’s just too early to know yet. But, he promised to take a look at our next appointment… still 4 weeks away!
I will admit, I’ve done all of the baby gender prediction tests you can do, and we’ll talk about those in another post during our Baby Bonanza. However, I hadn’t ever tried the IntelliGender test before now, even though I’ve always really, really wanted to.
I put out a request for sponsors for the Baby Bonanza, and much to my delight, IntelliGender was the first one to respond.
I received the IntelliGender Gender Prediction Test quickly, and I decided to try it the next morning. The test states that it’s best to use your first morning urine, or at least go 2 – 3 hours between going to the potty. (I’m glad they put that in the instructions, since I’m up at least 10 times to pee every night!)
Early the next morning, I was ready to take the test. (I was exactly 12 weeks along in my pregnancy at this point.) Hubby had already left for work, and the kids were still sleeping, so I didn’t have to worry about being bothered. The instructions on the test were super easy to follow, and in no time, my sample was ready. I’ve read different opinions online about the test, where some said to read the test at 5 minutes, and others said to wait until 10 minutes, but it really didn’t matter. My test results were the same at both times.
I bet you’re dying to know what the IntelliGender Prediction Test said, aren’t you? Well, why don’t I show you?
Yep. Unmistakably a BOY result. I was shocked. Every other gender prediction test I’ve done has screamed girl. Really.
Then, I started reading the insert with the IntelliGender test. It said that if women have PCOS or Ovarian Cysts, they will most likely receive a BOY result so the test may not accurately predict the proper gender. So, does that throw the result out the window? I have no idea. But, I was diagnosed with PCOS earlier this year, which is why this baby was such a surprise. Bummer, because I know that the IntelliGender boasts a 90% accuracy rating. I was really hoping to get an accurate test. Now, it looks like I’m going to have to wait at least 4 more weeks before I find out if we’ll be buying pink or blue this time around. (And I promise to share the results with you and let you know if the IntelliGender Test was right or not.)
I would highly recommend the IntelliGender Gender Prediction Test to any pregnant mom-to-be that’s early in her pregnancy and can’t wait to find out what she’s having. At $34.95, it’s a little pricey. And I don’t know that I’d recommend painting the nursery right after you take the test, but it really is a fun, easy way to get a little glimpse of what your 20 week ultrasound might reveal.
Would you like to try the IntelliGender Gender Prediction Test for yourself? I’ve got a test that I can give away to one of my readers!
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and IntelliGender. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of IntelliGender on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Get an extra point if you leave a comment on IntelliGender’s Facebook Fan wall and tell them that Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys sent you. (One time. Leave a link to your comment, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and IntelliGender on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on September 22nd at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of transmedia group on behalf of IntelliGender. I received the necessary products to facilitate my review. I was in no other way compensated for this post. Opinions expressed in this post are my own. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.