When it comes to parenting and everything surrounding the topic, the first website that pops into my mind is babycenter.com. I am always browsing their site, because they offer so much! Whether you’re pregnant with your first or 15th child, there’s sure to be something on the site for you. In fact, just yesterday, I logged in and found out about a recall on a product that I’d been looking at for baby Gage! So, so glad I hadn’t purchased the item, and I can thank babycenter.com for the heads up.
BabyCenter offers moms and moms-to-be some of the very best parenting tools available. Take a peek at these:
- BabyCenter My Pregnancy Today App
- This new, free application for the iPhone and iTouch, guides expectant moms through their pregnancy journey, offering award-winning, medically reviewed health content; advice from obstetricians, midwives, nutritionists, and other experts; daily activities and reminders; and conversation and connection with other moms-to-be in BabyCenter’s community.
- BabyCenter “Preparing for Labor and Birth” Online Class
- The BabyCenter Class is a convenient, at-home option for moms who can’t attend hospital childbirth classes due to hectic work schedules or being put on bed rest. And the price is right, too! For only $39.99, the all-new 2-hour instructional course lets you hear from doctors, ask your questions, and build confidence for your big day. Preparing for Labor and Birth includes: An explanation of the signs and stages of labor; What to expect during labor; Labor and birth stories from new moms; An overview of your pain-management options; A tour of a delivery room; Suggestions for creating your birth plan; A checklist to help you prepare for the big day and more.
- BabyCenter Parenting Books (BabyCenter® Pregnancy and BabyCenter® Baby)
- These two new practical and reassuring books provide pregnant women and new mothers with all of the information and support they need during this exciting new time in their lives, with a blend of expert advice and true “mom wisdom.” Both are great, highly visual, reference books to keep on the nightstand for that nagging question or concern that inevitably pops up in the middle of the night.
- Mom Answers
- This new interactive tool gives BabyCenter moms an emotionally supportive environment where they can ask questions and get answers straight from other moms who’ve had similar life experiences. It’s like having access to 8 million best girlfriends 24/7.
- The new Milestones tool provides BabyCenter moms the ability to quickly and easily record important pregnancy and childhood milestones and share them with friends and family via e-mail, Facebook, and the BabyCenter Community. It’s a fun way to create an online “baby book.”
Thanks to MyBlogSpark, I received a fantastic BabyCenter gift box. It included the two new BabyCenter parenting books (BabyCenter® Pregnancy and BabyCenter® Baby), an exclusive code to try the all-new BabyCenter online class for free, a package of Seventh Generation diapers, a gift card from BabyCenter partner, Shutterfly and a BabyCenter bib.
Here’s my thoughts on each of these items:
- BabyCenter Parenting Books – These are awesome! The pregnancy book is all about pregnancy – week by week, and everything that moms-to-be can expect. The book is so detailed, and it gives tips and advice on concerns that many pregnant moms have. The baby book is incredibly thorough and detailed, giving moms all the information they need to survive that first year. There are pictures, guidelines, and more information than you could even imagine – all in an organized, easy to find book. Both books are excellent resources to have on hand. I can’t tell you how many times a day I look at the pregnancy book. I love it so much! (And I’ve been through this several times before!)
- BabyCenter Online Class – I *love* the idea behind this. Even though I’ve given birth 5 times before, I have never taken any kind of childbirth class. With my oldest, my classes were scheduled to start 2 days after Ashley was born. Didn’t work out so well. With Zander, I had hubby, who had never been through childbirth before, and at our first childbirth class, I passed out and we found out I was in preterm labor. Obviously, I was never meant to take a childbirth class. However, if I had had the opportunity to take this online childbirth class, I definitely would have! It is fabulous, and it walks moms-to-be through labor and delivery step by step without scaring you to death. Such a fantastic idea! Leave it to BabyCenter to come up with it!
- Seventh Generation Diapers – Who can’t use diapers? I love Seventh Generation, and can’t wait to use these on Gage!
- Gift Card from Shutterfly – The gift card is good for 15 free 5×7 stationery or greeting cards. I’m using it to order some thank you notes to use once Gage is born.
- BabyCenter Bib – This is the cutest bib! In greens and browns, (one of my favorite color combinations), it’s perfect for a boy or a girl. And it’s so soft! The fabric and material definitely feels soak proof, so it will be great to use when giving baby a bottle.
Overall, I’m super impressed with the BabyCenter gift pack – and with BabyCenter.com. I’ll continue to make it my first stop during this pregnancy… and beyond!
Want to check out BabyCenter for yourself?
Head to the BabyCenter website and start looking around! There’s a wealth of information at your fingertips. Most of it is free, but there’s lots of places to shop thanks to their generous sponsors. And, if you’d like to take the Online Childbirth Class (for just $39.99), head to www.babycenter.com/childbirth-class
You Can WIN! I have a BabyCenter Gift Pack to give away to one reader! You’ll get the two new BabyCenter books (Pregnancy and Baby), a package of Seventh Generation diapers, a gift card from BabyCenter partner, Shutterfly and a BabyCenter bib.
Mandatory: Visit the BabyCenter website and then come back here and tell me one feature you liked or one thing you learned while on the site.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and the BabyCenter website. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of BabyCenter on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and BabyCenter on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest – just be sure you use the #mbsspark) (1 Tweet Per DAY, and you MUST use the hashtag. I’ll be checking!)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- **NEW** Vote for Me on Top Mommy Blogs. (2 extra entries. Can be done daily. Click the link or the button in my sidebar, then you must click on the words “Click here to vote.” Leave 2 comments every day you vote!)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on November 26th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I am participating in a blog spark through MyBlogSpark on behalf of BabyCenter. I was sent the items above in order to facilitate my honest and thorough review. The opinions stated in this post are 100% my own. I was in no other way compensated for this post. The sponsor is also fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.