I love carrying my babies around in a carrier. It truly makes my life so much easier. It frees up my hands and allows me to get things done. Parker spent a lot of time in a really uncomfortable carrier when he was a newborn, simply because that was the only carrier I had available to me. Oh, how I wish I had been introduced to the Boba Carrier a long time ago.
Before I get to my review of the Boba Baby Carrier, here are some need to know facts about the company and the carrier:
- Carriers are made from certified organic cotton.
- Made in Boulder, Colorado by local mountaineering professionals. (Made in the USA!)
- Features of the carriers:
- accommodates children 15-45 lbs
- one size fits most adults
- front and back carry
- Boba Organic collection made with GOTS and OE100 certified 100% organic cotton and organic Texas cotton lining
- Boba Classic collection made with 100% natural brushed cotton
- high density waist and shoulder strap foam
- removable foot straps for extra leg/hip support
- high back for better overall support
- removable hood
My Review of the Boba Carrier
At first glance, I thought the carrier would be complicated to put on. After all, I am 8 months pregnant, and don’t handle complexity well at all. I was pleasantly surprised when I took a closer look and discovered that it wasn’t complicated at all. I tried to put the carrier on by myself first, before checking the directions, just to test the complexity. Wouldn’t you know it? After snapping it on, (without Parker in place), and then checking the directions, I discovered I had put the carrier on properly, and I was ready to pop Parker into it.
Now, I use this carrier every single day. I’ve talked on here about how I have to park my truck at the top of our crazy-long driveway, and walk up and down. If I have someone here to help me with Parker and Lucy, it’s much easier. But, it also doesn’t happen very often. Most days, I have to get Parker and Lucy up and down the driveway alone. I honestly don’t know what I would do without this carrier. It is so nice to strap on the carrier, put Parker into place on my back, and carry him – and all the stuff needed – up and down the driveway. It keeps my hands free to hold Lucy’s hand, (or the groceries, diaper bag, or whatever else I need), and get them up and down without incident. Remember the fall I took a few weeks ago? That was before I started using the Boba Carrier. I’m guessing if I had used it then, I would have had my hands free to hold the flashlight in one hand and Lucy’s hand in the other, and would have been able to see where I was going a whole lot better.
There are several things that I absolutely love about the carrier:
- It is extremely comfortable! Even at 8 months pregnant, walking up and down a very steep hill is no problem at all. My back doesn’t hurt a bit, and it feels like it was made just for Parker.
- How much Parker loves it. We’ll be in the house, and Parker will spot the carrier hanging by the back door. He’ll pull it down, bring it to me, and ask for a “piggy back ride.” I’ve never used a carrier with kids over the age of 2, simply because they’ve always hated being in them. However, Parker loves his Boba Carrier and wants to be in it all the time. (I know he doesn’t look happy in the picture, but that’s because he had just woken up a minute before that picture was taken.)
- The material used. Oh my gosh. So soft, and plush. I’ll definitely be using this carrier with Gage as well – if Parker will let me!
- The overall design. I love that it has a safety snap at my chest so that I don’t have to worry about Parker falling out. And, it comes with an attached hood. That’s been wonderful to have on chilly morning walks up to the bus stop!
- The company behind the product. Just listen to part of their mission statement:
NAP, Inc.’s mission is to provide comfortable and durable baby carriers to parents throughout the world and give them a helping hand in raising confident, joyful and compassionate children. We hope to enhance the bond between mother and child by enabling both to be close and connected to each other in a practical yet magical sort of way.
At $100 per carrier, the price may seem a little steep. But, I have to tell you that this carrier is absolutely worth every penny. It can be used from 15 – 45 pounds. (Do you know how long my kids take to get to 45 pounds? My 7 year old just barely makes it over that!) It is so well made that it seems as though it will last forever. (Now, I cannot attest that it will indeed last forever, as I have only had mine for a few weeks. What I can tell you is that in my opinion, this baby carrier is very well made, and I will personally use it for my children for as long as I possibly can.)
Overall, I am quite impressed with the Boba Baby Carrier and would recommend it to any mom or mom to be that wants to carry her baby without the back pain. I will continue to use my Boba Carrier with my 2 year old and will also use it with my newborn once he reaches the appropriate weight.
If you want to know more about Boba carriers, the best ways to do that are to do the following:
Disclaimer: I am participating in a blog tour through Parent Reviewers on behalf of Boba Baby Carriers. I was sent the products necessary to facilitate my honest and candid review. I was in no other way compensated for this post. All ideas and opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.