We all know that the baby’s first year of life is critical to their development. Everything we do will affect the future outcome. So when you only get a few minutes to talk to your doctor at those check-ups, how can you get the advice you need to make sure you’re doing the things your baby needs? If you’re like me, you turn to books, magazines, and friends who have been there done that.
One book I was recently introduced to is Boosting Your Baby’s BRAIN POWER by Holly Engel-Smothers and Susan M. Heim. (Yep! Wonderful Susan is at it again!) Last week, I introduced you to another book Susan coauthored called “Oh, Baby! 7 Ways a Baby Will Change Your Life the First Year”. Now, Susan has helped write the book Boosting Your Baby’s BRAIN POWER to help parents learn the vital steps they can take to encourage their baby’s brain develop to it’s full potential.
I found this book so interesting. After 5 kids, I’m amazed at how much I still don’t know. Luckily, as I was reading this book, I kept thinking to myself, “Oh, good. I’m doing it right.” There was just so much information in this book that I had never realized before. Even things I’d always wondered about!
My absolute favorite chapter is Chapter 2: Attachment and Baby Brains: Spoiled Rotten is a Good Thing. I am the mom that believes every nursery (or home) should have a rocking chair, and that rocking chair should be used to its full potential. I come running when my baby cries, and I make sure they always know I will be there. Boy, did I love reading the sentence that said, “Attachment to your newborn baby is the first and most important influence on brain growth.” Wow. That’s quite a powerful sentence, isn’t it? The rest of that chapter goes on to tell you different ways you can bond with your baby.
The entire book is full of tips and advice on bonding, teaching, and cultivating your newborn baby that first year of life. It even offers red flags to be aware of when it comes to baby’s development. The tips included are so beneficial and should be read by every parent. These women have certainly done their research, and they have done an excellent job of putting a wealth of information into one place that you can easily access. The book is easy to follow, doesn’t preach at parents about right and wrong, and is simply an excellent resource that every parent should have on hand during (and before!) baby’s first year. I would highly recommend it to any parent to be, new parent, or anyone that cares for a baby during their first year.
Want to Get Your Own Copy of Boosting Your Baby’s Brain Power!?
To Buy: Head to the Great Potential Press website and click on “Add item to cart.” At just $15.95, this book is an excellent value for all the information you’ll find inside! You can also find the book on Amazon.com. It’s on sale there for just $10.85!
You Can WIN! I get to give away a copy of this fantastic book to one of my readers!
Mandatory: Visit Susan’s website and then come back here and tell me one thing you learned about her.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Susan Heim’s website. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and Susan Heim on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- **NEW** Vote for Me on Top Mommy Blogs. (2 extra entries. Can be done daily. Click the link or the button in my sidebar, then you must click on the words “Click here to vote.” Leave 2 comments every day you vote!)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on October 29th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by one of the authors of “Boosting Your Baby’s BRAIN POWER”. I received a copy of the book to facilitate my review. I have not been compensated in any other way for this post, and opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.