When I was a little girl, I loved the Care Bears. My favorite was Tenderheart Bear, and I still remember carrying a stuffed version of him around everywhere until he fell apart. I never went anywhere without that bear!
Now, I get to share my love of the Care Bears with my kids. Lucy, my 3 year old, has taken quite a liking to them, and insists that every pink and/or purple bear is her favorite. She’s got several stuffed Care Bears, (two of which were mine as a kid, and one that was her big sister’s), and she is always playing with them.
On May 4th of this year, Care bears: Share-A-Lot in Care-A-Lot the DVD was released. I was sent a copy to review with my kids. Lucy and I spent some quality snuggle time on the couch watching 8 fantastic episodes of the Care Bears. We popped the DVD into the player, and after 2 quick previews and an explanation on how to get to the special features, the first episode started playing automatically. That’s great for those times when you can’t find the remote! (Which seems to be quite often around our house.)
Lucy didn’t move the entire 88 minutes the DVD was playing. We talked about the bad guy, and how it was so much better to be nice, and about other values that the Care Bears instill through their stories. We both loved the new friend the Care Bears made, McKenna.
Here’s quick overview of the 8 episodes available on the disk:
- Re-Booted – Grizzle is stuck in Care-A-Lot after being kicked out of his lair by his new robot. The Care Bears welcome him with open arms, but will he still be up to his nasty old tricks even after he learns to care?
- Tempus Fugits – Bumpity and Tweazle (two clouds) don’t want to work. They want to play! So, they try to “speed up” time to make the Care Bears work faster. The Care Bears show them that there’s a time to work and a time for play!
- Share and Share Alike – Share’s been waiting a whole year to make her famous rootbeer floats. (These special floats make Care Bears float!) But, Harmony invites some extra bears without asking first, and Share is left with no rootbeer for herself.
- Here Comes McKenna – McKenna is a new friend in Care-A-Lot who is learning how to share and identify with others. Wait until you see what happens when Grizzle shows up and steals all of the Care Bears’ belly badges!
- Night Shift – Bedtime Bear wants to give his friends an inside look into his nightly duties. With a tricky pudding pile threatening Care-A-Lot, will some of the other Care Bears be able to “walk a mile in his ooze”?
- All Give and No Take – McKenna is learning about giving, so Grizzle tries to her and the Care Bears at a “giving party.” When McKenna’s gift to Mr. Beaks throws Grizzle for a loop, he accidentally gives them a gift they’ll never forget!
- Bumpity and Tweazle – These two clouds are lost from their cloud school and are having trouble navigating through Care-A-Lot. The Care Bears teach them to turn the unknown into something fun, and later return the favor.
- Surprise Day – Harmony Bear doesn’t like surprises, so she’s making sure that she staying in her house all day long this Surprise Day. Share shows her that conquering your fears is the best surprise of all!
You can purchase Care Bears: Share-A-Lot in Care-A-Lot on DVD on Amazon.com for just $12.49 (eligible for free super-saver shipping), on Walmart.com for $13.32 (plus 97 cent shipping to home), or at your local Target for just $9.99 (details & find a store here).
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a representative of bender/helper impact on behalf of Lionsgate Home Entertainment. I received a copy of the DVD mentioned above to facilitate my honest review. The free product in no way influenced my opinion, and all opinions expressed are 100% my own. I was in no other way compensated for this post. Please note that other users may have different results when using this product.