Disclaimer: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Cat’s Pride. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
In our house, we have two kitties. Jake and Tigger. Before I start my review of Cat’s Pride Fresh and Light Litter, I want to tell you a bit more about our furry family members.
First, there’s Jake. Jake thinks he is king of the Vinez house. Seriously. He rules the roost, and we are to cater to him. He’s super cute, though, and he really is the sweetest kitty. We got him in May, when he was just a tiny little kitten, and he’s grown into a sweetheart. He will let Gage drag him all over the house and he doesn’t even fuss when Gage pulls his tail. (Which is all the time.) At night, hubby and I will put the kids all to bed, and just veg on the couch. Jake will find a window to lay in, but when we go to bed and turn off the lights, he immediately runs in our room, jumps on the bed, and puts himself right in between my feet. He’s a crazy cat, but we just love him.
Next, we have Tigger. We’ve only had Tigger a little more than a month, but he has already made himself right at home. He is our snuggler. He’s perfectly content as long as someone has him on their lap. All you have to do is look at him and say his name, and he’ll start purring. Tigger is super curious and always getting into something. (Sometimes it’s a grocery bag, one of the kids dresser drawers, or even an empty bathtub.) You can’t walk past Tigger without petting him. He’ll make sure of it.
Now, let’s get to my review of the Cat’s Pride Fresh & Light Litter.
I absolutely love this litter!
Because of the layout of our house, our litter box is in our kitchen. (I know, so gross, right?) Right. I tried so many different brands of litter, but I wasn’t satisfied until I tried the Cat’s Pride Fresh & Light Litter several months ago. (I had been purchasing it on my own even before the opportunity to do this review came up.)
See, isn’t that an awful place for a litter box? We just don’t have any other options. Fortunately, no one eats at that table. It’s typically used to keep my crock pots, roasters, and other items in one place.
But, thanks to Cat’s Pride, I don’t have to be grossed out every time I walk into the kitchen. (And neither do my guests.) In fact, I usually forget that the litter box is even in there.
Of the two kinds we were sent, my favorite is the “Fragrance Free Odor Control” litter. It keeps the house smelling fresh and it blocks the odors from getting out of the litter box. (This is what I’ve been using for quite some time now.) I like that it clumps so quickly, blocks all the odor, and the low-dust formula keeps the litter in the litter box and not all over my floor.
And when it’s time to clean out the litter box, there’s no fighting from any of the kids. When I was trying other litters, Jace would gag and make awful noises every time I made him clean out the litter box. Oh, it was so annoying. But, then, when we made the switch to Cat’s Pride, he stopped making those noises. He even told me, “Mom! This litter doesn’t stink!” I love when products make my life easier.
Here are some need-to-know facts about Cat’s Pride Fresh & Light Litter:
- Cat’s Pride Fresh & Light litter is up to 25% lighter than other scoopable clay litters. In fact, their 15 pound jug gives you the same number of uses as 20 pounds of most other leading scoopable clay brands. Their uniquely shaped jugs allow for easy lifting and pouring.
- The Fresh & Light Quick Action formula has 2 times longer lasting odor control than other litters. In short, this stuff works at keeping odors at bay.
- Their low-dust formula helps prevent litter from being tracked through the house, and when you pour the litter into the litter box, you aren’t stuck inhaling tons of dust and fumes into your lungs. (I *love* that!)
- The fragrance-free formula provides a better experience for cats that might be sensitive, allergic, or just plain finicky about scented or dusty litters. Since our cats are still so young, this is my favorite to use for them.
I also want to encourage you to interact with Cat’s Pride in the following ways:
- The Cat’s Pride website. (Oh my gosh, you MUST check it out! What a fun, interactive website! One look, and I was hooked.)
- Cat’s Pride on Facebook.
- Cat’s Pride on Twitter.
- Also be sure to check out the #FreshandLight hashtag to read more great posts, tweets, and more about Cat’s Pride Fresh & Light litter.
Thank you, Cat’s Pride, for putting out a product that I am proud to use and share with friends and family. I love how you keep my house smelling clean and *not* like a cat’s litter box.