This giveaway will end Friday, Jan. 14 at 11:59pm EST.
Last year for Christmas, we bought each of the older kids their own Bibles. For about the past 6 months, Parker has been begging to have a Bible of his own, but I’m not quite ready to buy him a nice, leather bound Bible. He’s still too little, and he likes markers *way* too much.
Luckily, I was introduced to the Read and Share Bible for children by Thomas Nelson Publishers. Before I get to my (and Parker’s) review of the Bible, here are some things you need to know:
The Read and Share Bible is the perfect way to share the amazing joy and wonder of God’s Word with the children in your life. Features include more than 200 beloved Bible stories, bold, bright illustrations, a discussion starter with each story, and so much more. The Read and Share Bible makes it easy for you to create long-lasting memories as you encourage a love for reading God’s Word.
Our Review of The Read and Share Bible
On Sunday mornings, during our church’s main worship service, I teach a small children’s class. It has always been so important to me that children hear the Word of God on their level so that they can understand it. I know that’s not how many in the South feel, and they want their children raised to sit in the main service, but I don’t agree. By giving them a clear understanding of the Bible when they are young, they will be more apt to staying in church and continuing to want to learn more as they grow older.
I am constantly scouring the internet, trying to find Bible stories that are appropriate for 2 – 5 year olds. And then we received the Read and Share Bible for a review. WOW. These are the stories that I have been looking for, in a language that children can understand, all in one place. I love it!
After browsing through the Read and Share Bible for awhile myself, I handed it over to Parker and told him that it was his own Bible. The sheer look of joy on his face made me smile from ear to ear. He carefully turned each page, taking in all the bright, bold colors of the illustrations. He was in heaven. We read several stories together, and I loved the discussion questions at the end of each story. While Parker is still a little young to fully understand what we’re reading, he will definitely be able to grow into this Bible. And it’s perfect for the other children that I have in my Sunday morning class. I’ll definitely be taking it along with us on Sundays and reading them stories from the Read and Share Bible.
There are several features of the Read and Share Bible that I love:
- The length of the stories – they aren’t too long. Just enough to capture the interest of a child and leave them wanting more.
- The number of stories in the Bible – over 200 stories, all in one place. And these are stories that we know and love.
- The illustrations – perfect for little eyes, attention grabbing and colorful.
- The discussion questions – great for expanding on the stories and getting kids to learn more.
- Also, each story starts with the reference where you can find the story in the Bible. This is great for older kids, so you can read straight from a Bible and then read the story.
Overall, I really like the Read and Share Bible, and Parker does too. This Bible would make the perfect gift for any child in your life that you want to encourage to learn more about God’s Word.
Want to Try the Read and Share Bible for Yourself?
Shop Now: Click here to purchase your copy from Thomas Nelson Publishing for just $16.99. You can also find the Read and Share Bible on Amazon for just $5.85! Talk about a steal!
You Can WIN! I’ve got a Read and Share Bible to give away to one lucky reader.
Mandatory: Check out the TommyNelson website and then come back here and leave me a comment telling me why you’d like to win this Bible.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to Blessed Beyond Words and the TommyNelson website.(5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of Blessed Beyond Words on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of Tommy Nelson on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow Blessed Beyond Words and TommyNelson on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. If you still have the old 5 Vinez Monkeys button on your blog, please switch it to the new Blessed Beyond Words button or your extra entry will not count. Giveaway will end on January 14th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via the “And the Winner is..” plugin. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by Thomas Nelson Publishers. I was sent the necessary products to facilitate my honest and thorough review. Opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I have not been compensated in any other way for this post. Sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.