If you own a business, you’re going to need to hire a commercial cleaning service. That is, unless you want to keep your business clean yourself! You would think that hiring a cleaning company would be an easy task. After all, they are all the same, right? Wrong. The type of facility you have and your particular needs should be the driving force behind your choice among commercial cleaning services Calgary residents. Whatever your budget or your particular needs, there is a commercial cleaning service out there for you. The question is this: How do you know which one to choose?
Here are a few questions to ask to help you narrow down your choices:
- What services do you specialize in? Make sure their menu of services meets your needs.
- Can you handle servicing my multiple locations efficiently?
- How many people do you employ? Can you handle the scale of my job?
- How long have you been in business? What specific experience do you have?
- What types of clients do you currently service? Do you have other clients with needs similar to mine?
- What kind of cleaning products do you use? Do you use environmentally conscious products?
- Can you provide me with references? Ask for at least three recent references, and be sure to call them. Ask what the client liked – and didn’t like – about the company. Were they on time? Did they act professionally? Did they get the job done efficiently and thoroughly?
The goal of these questions is twofold: To find out whether the company is a good fit for your needs and to find out whether they are the kind of company that you want working in your business. The hiring process can be tedious, but the more thorough you are the first go-round, the more likely it is that the first company you hire is a good fit.
It’s also imperative that you find out whether the company is insured and whether that insurance is sufficient enough to protect you and your business against a possible liability claim that might arise during or as a result of the cleaning. Do they have current worker’s compensation coverage for their workers? Don’t simple ask about insurance coverage; ask for proof.
Hiring a commercial cleaning service doesn’t have to be a difficult process. It is, however, important that you are thorough in your hiring process to ensure you are happy with the company you choose. Of course, there is always an element of risk, no matter how thorough you are, but those risks can be greatly mitigated if you know what you need and ask the right questions before you hire a company. Protect your business and put your best business face forward by hiring a professional cleaning company that shares your vision and who can handle the particular tasks you need to have accomplished.