My kids are huge fans of Dinosaur Train. We have our DVR set to record all of the new episodes so that no one misses a single episode. My kids have learned more about dinosaurs and other creatures because of this show than I ever did as a kid. It’s educational, but it’s also so much fun to watch! Only The Jim Henson Company can take big, scary dinosaurs and make them lovable creatures that my kids have come to love.
On Friday, August 20th, Dinosaur Train Under the Sea will premier on PBS Kids as a new one-hour television special. Then, on August 24th, PBS Kids and Paramount will release the Dinosaurs Under the Sea DVD. The DVD will include 8 exciting adventures, interactive games, coloring pages, a dinosaur reference guide, and information for parents.
My kids and I had the opportunity to watch the television special, thanks to Three Sixty Marketing and Communications and The Jim Henson Company. Before I get to our review of the special, here’s a sneak peek for you. (It’s the commercial that has been airing on PBS Kids recently.)
My kids absolutely loved the 1 hour Dinosaur Train Under the Sea television special. When I put in the DVD, it automatically started playing. Lucy could barely contain her excitement, shouting “It’s a new Dinosaur Train! It’s a new Dinosaur Train!” Then, she just had to know, “Mom? Who sent you this movie? Can we keep it?” For the next hour, she didn’t move, except to tell me the names of all the new friends that the dinosaurs made, and how cool it was that they could go under the water. “Mom, can we find a tunnel like that and go in a train under water?” While we may not be able to travel in a train under water and go back in time to meet lots of amazing dinosaurs, I love that she can pop the DVD in and escape into her imagination at any time.
Jace, my kindergartner, also loved the episode. His favorite part was where the Pteranodon family meets Carla Cretoxyrhina, a shark that ends up being a whole lot nicer than one might think!
Other new underwater friends that the family meets include Elmer Elasmosaurus, The Amazing Michelinoceras Brothers, and Paulie Pliosaurus – the T. Rex of the ocean!
Overall, the tv special was fantastic, and everything I have come to expect from Dinosaur Train. The kids loved it, I loved it, and we all learned so much! Be sure to check your local listings and tune into watch the Dinosaur Train Under the Sea 1 hour special on August 20th.
To celebrate the Dinosaur Train Under the Sea television special and DVD release, I get to give away one copy of the new Dinosaur Train Under the Sea DVD to one lucky reader!
Leave a comment here and tell me which Dinosaur Train is your child’s favorite.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Dinosaur Train. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of The Henson Company on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Get and extra point if you leave a comment on the Henson Company’s Facebook Fan wall and tell them that Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys sent you. (One time. Leave a link to your comment, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Henson Company on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on August 29th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of Three.Sixty Marketing & Communication on behalf of the Henson Company. I was sent a press DVD to preview the new episode in my home. The DVD in no way influenced my opinion, and was merely used to get our honest review. I was in no other way compensated for this post. The sponsor is also fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.