On September 29th, Baby Einstein will release their newest DVD: World Animal Adventure.
First, I’d like to share a little information about Baby Einstein and the new DVD with you before getting to my review.
About Baby Einstein:
Baby Einstein offers a wide range of developmentally appropriate products for babies and toddlers. What makes Baby Einstein products unlike any other is that they are created from a baby’s point-of-view and incorporate a unique combination of real world objects, music, art, language, poetry and nature — providing you an opportunity to introduce your baby to the world around them in playful and enriching ways. This simple principle is the foundation for The Baby Einstein Company and its products.
About World Animal Adventure:
Babies love animals, and now you can bring animals from the seven continents home to your baby. Meet dozens of exotic animals including Asian pandas, Australian kangaroos and Arctic snow monkeys…all filmed in their beautiful, natural habitats. Rhythms and songs inspired by faraway lands have been orchestrated especially for little ears and encourage your baby to sing, dance and play to the world beats. You’ll laugh together at the funny puppet shows featuring moms and their baby animals. It’s an exciting world for you and your baby to discover together.
My Review of World Animal Adventure
I have been a fan of Baby Einstein since Zander was a baby. I received my very first Baby Einstein DVD as a gift at my baby shower. It quickly became one of my favorite times to sneak in some cuddle time with him. He wasn’t a cuddly baby by any means, but he would sit on my lap and snuggle while we watched the DVDs together. I loved that with him, and I’ve carried on the tradition with each of my kids.
Lucy still loves the Baby Einstein DVDs and asks all the time to watch them. And I really don’t know who loves the new World Animal Adventure DVD more – her or Parker. They both get so excited every time it comes on!
The World Animal Adventure offers parents 2 new ways to watch:
- Select a Segment – This allows parents to completely customize your DVD experience by selecting from shorter segments in addition to the full length DVD. These segments are great for using throughout the day when baby isn’t interested in sitting for long periods of time and watching. We’ve used this feature several times to entertain Parker long enough to allow me to make lunch, take care of the laundry, or load the dishwasher. I absolutely love this feature, and the segments are perfect for keeping him happy and occupied.
- Grow with Me – This stage is really cool. You have two different viewing modes. You can either enjoy the music and the visual portions, or you can add more to it by using viewing mode 2 which adds language along with the visual and music. This has been great for both Lucy and Parker and is a great way to introduce a love for reading to kids at a young age. Even Zander (my 6 year old) gets excited about reading the names of the animals on the screen. I love that all of my kids can enjoy this part of the DVD together. Viewing Mode 2 also has some extra puppet shows that my kids just flipped over. I wish I had thought to record Lucy’s laughing during the puppet shows. She just thought they were the funniest thing.
My kids have always loved Baby Einstein, but this takes it to a whole new level. This goes beyond just the impact of the visual and the music portions of the DVDs and incorporates learning and proper development. If my kids are going to be sitting in front of the tv for any length of time, I want to know that they can learn from what they are watching. Baby Einstein DVDs are a great way to do just that.
I also wanted to note that this new DVD, World Animal Adventure, states that it’s for ages 12 months and up. Parker is just a few weeks shy of 12 months, and as you can see in the picture in this post, he absolutely loves it. I really think that even though this DVD is geared toward the older baby age range, it will still be a great investment no matter what your baby’s age.
Get the Inside Scoop on Baby Einstein
If you love Baby Einstein as much as I do, you’re going to want to get the scoop on the latest happenings. Here are a couple of ways to do just that:
- Check out the Baby Einstein Website.
- Join the Baby Einstein Parent’s Forum and connect with other moms and dads, and talk about your favorite products. (And discover some products you may not know about!)
- Sign up to Become a Baby Einstein Insider and take surveys and offer your opinion on products. This is a fantastic way to give your feedback to the Baby Einstein Company.
- Follow Baby Einstein on Twitter.
- Delight your baby with clips on the Baby Einstein You Tube Channel.
And be sure to enter the Baby Einstein Sweepstakes where you could win $250 in Baby Einstein products. Woohoo!!