Went pretty well. Since my asthma is not getting any better (at all!!), she’s decided to put me on a few more meds to get things under control. She isn’t sure if it’s because of the position the baby is in, or if it’s something more serious, so rather than fool around with the fact that I can’t breathe, she’s just going to put me on the meds. I’ll be on an inhaled steroid, Singulair, and also a medicine for the heartburn. Apparently, heart burn can trigger asthma. (Which totally explains why when I lie down at night and my heartburn acts up, I can’t breathe at all.) I was able to fill the asthma meds, but we have to wait on the heartburn meds. Apparently I need some kind of pre-authorization for it. Should have it in a few days.
Other than that, everything looks great. Urine, iron, and blood pressure all look great. Parker’s heartbeat was 141, right on target. My uterus is measuring small… only showing 27 weeks, so that seems a little off to me. I’ve always measured big. I mean really big… with every other pregnancy. Trying not to worry, but I don’t get it. Maybe he’s just going to be a little peanut. Wonder what that’s like!
In other news… did you hear that they found BigFoot here in GA? Yep. LOL. So stupid. I don’t know the results of the official press conference, so I don’t know yet if it’s real or just an elaborate hoax, but here are some photos I found: http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/ga-gorilla-pic/ Kinda creepy looking. Harry from Harry and the Hendersons was so much cuter! 😉 Hubby thinks it’s cool (as he’s the one who called me and told me to look it up), so I’m sure I’ll be hearing how this all pans out!
And, in other news, I was offered a job last night. I’m really, really unsure about whether I should take it or not. It’s a teaching position at a local Christian school. It means the kids would have free tuition, and I’d get 6 weeks off once the baby is born. Here’s the downfall: I’d have to put Jace, Lucy, and the baby into daycare OR find someone that I trust with my entire heart to watch them. I swore I would never leave my kids in daycare, and I just don’t know anyone well enough down here that I would trust them. Well, I do know a few ladies, but one works already, and I’m not sure the other would do it… since she already turned down this teaching position. So, I am completely torn. YES, we could use the income. YES, I would LOVE to teach again, BUT I don’t want my kids in daycare, and we’d be out the $800 we put in for homeschooling. (They need me to start when school starts for them… right after Labor Day.) So, so torn. I am praying SO hard about this, because I just don’t know what to do. Part of me really, really wants it, and the other part would be happy to just stay home. SIGH. God, please send me an envelope in the mail with a clear cut answer on it, cuz I just have no idea.
I shall keep ya’all posted!