I am all for babywearing. If I hadn’t had a sling when Parker was a baby, my laundry, dishes, and housecleaning never would have gotten done. He would not let you put him down. Ever. He would scream and cry for hours on end. (I’m all for crying it out, but I think there should be a time limit to it.) With him, I used a sling, and I hated it. It was uncomfortable, and awkward. But, Parker loved it, so I tolerated it. We both survived, and now Parker is a happy, carefree always-on-the-go toddler.
Recently, ERGObaby contacted me and asked if I would test out their baby carrier. I’ve had my eye on these for a long time, and I knew I’d love to try one. Even though Parker is bigger now, he’s not too big to be held, and he’s certainly not even close to the 40 pound limit of the ERGObaby carrier.
There are lots of things that I love about the ERGObaby carrier. First, the material it’s made of is top quality. It’s a heavy material, but it’s sturdy and well put together. I don’t have to worry about it not being strong enough to hold a baby.
Second, I love that there are different ways you can wear it: On the front (belly to belly), on the back (my husband’s favorite way to wear it), and on the hip. And in the instruction booklet they send with the carrier, it gives you clear, easy-to-follow instructions for putting the carrier on safely and properly. It also gives you directions on how to switch from position to position – perfect if you want to move baby from your hip to your back and so on.
Fourth, it is comfortable. Really really comfortable. Even with my expanding belly, I can strap Parker in and not feel strain on my back. I can’t imagine how good it will feel when I’m not pregnant any more! Hubby also commented that it’s very comfortable and far better than that “last thing” we had. He hated the sling and refused to wear it, but this he’ll wear just about anywhere.
In all honest, I love everything about this baby carrier. Now that my belly is getting bigger by the minute, Parker fits in it best on my back. And hubby loves that it’s not all girly, so he doesn’t complain when we head out to the store (or on a trek to the mall), and he happily puts in on and carries Parker around for hours. We’re planning on hiking a lot this fall, and this carrier will be a great way to keep Parker close and not have to worry about him wandering off. Plus, we won’t have to try and fight with a stroller on those mountain trails…. talk about a nightmare!
While the price is a bit steep compared to some baby carriers, I have to say that this is worth every penny. This carrier will last your child for several years (up to 40 pounds!), and could easily be used on any other babies you might have in the years to come.
Overall, I am truly impressed with the ERGObaby carrier, and would recommend it to any mom who is looking for the perfect carrier to put on her registry list, or to any mom-to-be or experienced mom out there. It definitely gets the 5 Vinez Monkeys seal of approval.
Want to Try an ERGObaby Carrier for Yourself?
To Buy: You can head to the ERGObaby website and pick out your favorite style and color. They have lots of options, plus there are a bunch of great accessories you can pick from to go with your new ERGObaby Carrier.
You Can WIN! I’ve got an ERGObaby Carrier to giveaway to one lucky winner!
Visit the ERGObaby website and then come back here and tell me one thing you learned about ERGObaby products or one product they offer that you’d love to try out.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and ERGObaby. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of ERGObaby on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Leave a comment on ERGObaby’s Facebook Wall and tell them that Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys sent you. (One time – leave a link to your comment.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and ERGObaby on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on October 8th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of ERGObaby. I received a sample to facilitate my honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I have not been compensated in any way other than the sample product for this review. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.