“Back to School” is on the minds of most parents right now. We see it in stores, online, on tv… everywhere you look, someone is talking about the school year.
Dinosaur Train is making getting ready for Kindergarten tons of fun with activities on their website: http://pbskids.org/dinosaurtrain/ Here are just a few examples of what you can find on there:
- Help your child practice the letters of the alphabet while learning about the diversity of dinosaurs that once lived on Earth with the “Dinosaurs A – Z song.” Basic supplies needed include 26 index cards (4×6 or 5×7), a thick marker, crayons, lyrics to “Dinosaurs A to Z” song and the Printable page of all 26 dinosaurs in the song. For instructions go to: http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/activities/handson/dinosaursatoz.html
- Help your child learn some basic insect anatomy by creating a model of a dragonfly, and learn that some animals seen in the world today also lived at the time of the dinosaurs. Basic supplies needed include construction paper, wooden popsicle sticks, strong tape, pipe cleaners, colored markers, glue and glitter (and photographs of real dragonflies from books or the Internet). For instructions go to: http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/activities/handson/dragonfly.html
- Help your child understand and apply the term “hypothesis,” investigate and make predictions about the science of color, using household basics including food coloring, clean food jars/containers, colored markers and a cookie sheet. For instructions go to: http://www.pbs.org/parents/dinosaurtrain/activities/handson/colorfulhypothesis.html
To sweeten the deal even more, and to make going to school a wonderful and positive experience for your kindergartner, I get to give away a fantastic prize pack full of Dinosaur Train Goodies! Here’s what’s included in the prize pack:
- DINO TRAIN T-REX BACKPACK FROM ACCESSORIES 22: The DINOSAUR TRAIN 16” backpack features our favorite T-rex Buddy. It also features adjustable padded shoulder straps and 3 easy zippered compartments making it great to carry DINOSAUR TRAIN toys and school supplies as well as mesh side pockets for markers, pencils, etc. The glossy Buddy appliqué makes Buddy virtually come alive on both the blue and brown styles. This is a definite back-to-school must have for any DINOSAUR TRAIN fan! MSRP $14.99; available now.
- DINOSAUR TRAIN I AM A T-REX FROM GROSSETT & DUNLAP: Buddy has spent his whole life in a pteranodon nest. He knows he’s not a pteranodon, but he’s not sure what he is. When his family decides to visit a new stop on the DINOSAUR TRAIN, Buddy finally learns the truth. He’s a T-rex! This simple storybook is the perfect introduction to the world of DINOSAUR TRAIN! Ages 3 and up. MSRP $3.99; available now.
- TRICERATOPS FOR LUNCH BY GOLDEN BOOKS; ILLUSTRATED BY CALEB MEURER – A Little Golden Book about Dinosaur Train! The Triceratops are coming over for lunch. Do you serve them plants or fish? That’s what Buddy and his dinosaur siblings need to figure out before Tank and Trudie Triceratops arrive at the train station. This Little Golden Book retells an episode of the new PBS Kids animated series Dinosaur Train. It explains to young readers the difference between herbivores and carnivores—so that the next time you’re dining with a dino, you’ll know what to expect! Ages 2-5; MSRP $3.99/$4.99 Can; on sale August 10, 2010
- DINOSAUR TRAIN TAKE ‘N’ PLAY ANYWHERE™ GO FISHING™ MAGNETIC ACTIVITY FROM PATCH PRODUCTS: Now kids can help Buddy and his family catch fish! They’ll practice hand-eye coordination and matching skills as they use the magnetic fishing pole to grab fish and try to land them in just the right spot. DINOSAUR TRAIN Go Fishing teaches cooperation, trial and error, or listening to and following instructions. Take ‘N’ Play Anywhere activities feature big magnetic pieces that are easy for kids to use and hard for kids to lose! Ages 4 and up; MSRP $9.99; available August at specialty stores, amazon.com or patchproducts.com.
- DINOSAUR TRAIN DINOSAUR COLLECTIBLE 3-PACKS FROM LEARNING CURVE: Perfect for hours of imaginative dinosaur play, these 3-packs feature three detailed DINOSAUR TRAIN character figures and a special collector card. The 3-pack figures can be enjoyed separately or can fit inside train cars (sold separately) for more role play fun. The 3-packs are currently available in the following sets: Mrs. Pteranodon, Shiny & Derek; Mr. Pteranodon, Don & Velma; Boris, Annie & Pete; Dolores, Ollie & Oren. Ages 3 and up; MSRP $7.99; available now.
- DINOSAUR TRAIN ALL ABOARD GAME FROM PRESSMAN TOY CORP: Join Buddy and his friends on the DINOSAUR TRAIN! Choose a character – Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, Don, Cory, Tank or Mr. Conductor – and try to move the fastest along the tracks. Speed through the three dinosaur eras: Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous along the beautiful scenery. Special Stopwatch spaces will help you get closer to the nest, while Dinosaur Crossing spaces will send you back. The first player to reach the nest area in the center of the board wins. For 2 to 6 players; Ages 4 and up; MSRP $12.00; available now at Target and Amazon.com
That’s right! One lucky winner will win all of the items listed above! Amazing, isn’t it? Here’s a picture of all the items you’ll receive (just click to make it larger):
Leave a comment here and tell me why this Dinosaur Train prize pack would make heading to school easier on your child.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Dinosaur Train. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of The Henson Company on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Get and extra point if you leave a comment on the Henson Company’s Facebook Fan wall and tell them that Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys sent you. (One time. Leave a link to your comment, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Henson Company on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on September 12th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of Three.Sixty Marketing & Communication on behalf of the Henson Company. I was in no way compensated for this post and did not receive a prize pack to review or any other type of product. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.