So, the time has come for you to pick out a new mattress. It’s both a stressful and exciting moment. It’s stressful because you have to go and search for a good candidate and that means giving up your comfort zone where you could just lay in bed without having to think about the mattress, which seemed liked such an unimportant topic until it broke or became too small. Regardless of what you thought of mattresses previously, the fact of the matter is that now you need a new one. But how do you go about buying a new mattress? What exactly do you look for in a mattress? Let’s go over some important tips to keep into account when you’re out there, looking for your new mattress. Beside these tips, you can also check out this awesome guide about king size mattresses.
- Trust the most valuable opinion on the matter: your own. No one can tell you what is more comfortable for you. Trust in your ability to recognize what is comfortable for yourself, not other people.
- Test everything and make sure that you like a mattress before even considering buying it. Don’t just trust some statistics written on a label on the side. Test it yourself and see how it feels when you roll on it.
- Try all the different types of mattresses before making a decision. Not trying out all the different options is a sure way to be unhappy in the long run. Make sure to test out all the different options at your disposal. There are air mattresses, water mattresses, individually compartmented spring mattresses, and others. One of them will be superior to the others as far as your personal experience is concerned.
- Don’t be afraid to upgrade. If you’ve found a mattress you absolutely love but it’s for a bed that’s larger than the one you currently have, perhaps it’s time to change the bed frame as well.
- Focus on your comfort and your comfort alone. If you are thoroughly enjoying a specific mattress but someone keeps throwing statistics and facts about other mattresses in your face, and how they’re better, dismiss them. Reading labels isn’t how you get a lifelong mattress, you do that by feeling it.
- Firmness isn’t a defining factor. If you are inclined to ask “how firm is the mattress” before buying it, you should know that firmness plays no part in the quality of the mattress. It only counts on a personal level as some might prefer their mattress softer or firmer. Other than that, it has no impact on the quality of the mattress.
Things to avoid at all cost when shopping for a brand new mattress
Don’t attempt testing a new mattress at the end of the day, especially if your day was full and now you’re exhausted. In this state, any mattress will feel wonderful. You want the true testing experience, which you get by testing the mattress when you’re well rested.
Also make sure to roll over when testing the mattress. Why? Because you’re going to presumably roll over a lot in bed during the night. Make sure you can do it with ease and comfortably before you get to that point.