If you’ve read my How I Lost 40 Pounds in 6 Months post, you already know that I believe spiritual growth is the first step to weight loss. It’s because of that belief that I created this challenge.
In 2015, I started a Bible Study Group called “God Before Goodies.” It was a private group of women who not only wanted to lose weight and be held accountable, but to also draw closer to God and become the woman they believe He was calling them to be.
It was such a wonderful group and we saw so much success, (both physically and spiritually), that I’ve decided to bring the study here to my blog. Each day, for 4 weeks, I will post once a day. Here’s what you can expect to find in each post:
- Daily Bible Reading Scripture Passage every day.
- Encouragement to work out at least 30 minutes/day, for at least 5 days/week throughout the challenge.
- Daily Devotional written after much prayer and study. If I want to encourage you to grow spiritually and physically, I must first work on my own growth!
- At the end of each devotional, you will find 2 – 3 questions. Nothing too difficult, just a way to reflect and expand on what I’ve posted about.
- Encouragement, love, prayer, and support. If you are participating in the challenge, I encourage you to post a comment and let me know. I want to be able to keep track of your progress and see how you’re doing.
- Tips for spiritual growth and physical strengthening.
- A printable PDF of the daily devotional and thought questions. I encourage you to print out each day’s devotional, put it in a folder, and review it often.
Here’s what you will NOT find in this challenge:
- I will NOT tell you to throw out all of the junk food in your home and remove any temptation you might have. Why not? Because temptation will ALWAYS be a part of our lives. The purpose of this challenge is to overcome those temptations and WIN! I want you to eat the food you feed your family, just think about your portion size.
- I will NOT use any version of the Bible except the KJV. This is my own personal conviction, and something I feel very strongly about. You may use any version of the Bible you choose, but I will only post the daily devotions with the KJV.
I hope this challenge encourages you to walk closer to Christ while you make better choices with food and exercise.
I encourage you to comment on the challenge daily and let me know if it helps you out! I’ll be sure to encourage you along your journey.
The Challenge will begin February 1st and run through the 28th. Pin this image to remind yourself to come back then and join me in the challenge!