Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Popsicle. I am a blog ambassador for the brand and have been compensated for my time in creating these posts. All opinions expressed are 100% my own. Giveaway prizes are furnished by Popsicle.
I just found out that a friend of mine is pregnant again – this time with a baby girl! 🙂 (After 3 boys, that’s exciting!) I am all about baby girls and hairbows, so when I had to come up with an idea for a gift for her and her new baby, I knew just what to do! I love how it turned out so much, I’m going to tell YOU how to make one yourself!
By the way, I know baby girls are supposed to be showered in pink, but my friend despises pink and loves the color blue. (Must be all those boys of hers!) 🙂 That’s why the holder is blue and not pink. (I’ll be making another one for Lucy and Carly’s room that will be pink. I’ll update this post once it’s done. I have to find the perfect color pink first.
This was such a fun project to make, and I just adore the way it turned out! I only wish the pictures did it justice.
Here’s how to make a Popsicle Bow Bouquet Holder of your very own:
- Popsicle Sticks (30 – 50 painted whatever color you prefer, depending on the size of your canister. You will also need 3 – 8 painted green for “stems.”)
- small container (An empty 8 ounce can of mixed nuts works perfectly! Just wash it out, and you’re good to go.)
- acrylic paint (to paint your popsicle sticks.)
- paint brush
- Sparkle Mod Podge (optional)
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- dry foam (in the floral dept. I used a round 1.8″ x 3.9″. I did have to cut it so it wasn’t so wide, but the diameter of the circle was perfect!)
- shredded paper, rose petals, easter grass, etc. (For putting around the stems on the “ground”.)
Ready to get started?
First, paint your Popsicle sticks whatever color you prefer: (Just remember to paint 5 or so of them green. I forgot and had to go back and paint more! Whoops!)
Once your Popsicle sticks are dry, start hot gluing them around your canister. Be sure to push them on tight so they stay put!
Once you’ve got all of your Popsicle sticks glued on, it’s the perfect time to do touch ups. I painted the silver rim around the can (totally not necessary, I just did it). I also made sure every exposed part of the Popsicle sticks were the same color.
While the blue color was very pretty, it just wasn’t girly enough for me. So, I added a coat of Sparkle Mod Podge. Easiest was to do this was to put my hand in the can and paint all the way around it.
Once the Mod Podge dries, Add a strip of ribbon around the sticks.
Now we’re going to make our bow. Easy peasy. First, fold a strip of ribbon as shown below and glue it together. (I put glue on both strips right under my fingers.)
Next, cut a small strip of ribbon and place it as shown below, then glue it to the back of the bow you made above.
There’s your completed bow. Beautiful, and oh so easy!
Now, glue the bow to the front of your basket, right over where you overlapped the ribbon going around the basket. (This makes it seamless.)
Drop in your dry foam:
Add Popsicle stick stems, the “filling” for the grass, and hairbows:
Et viola! You have a gorgeous gift perfect to welcome any new baby girl, and guaranteed to make mom smile:
I told you it was easy to make, and it’s all thanks to all the Popsicle sticks we have on hand! 🙂
Speaking of Popsicle, have you tried all of their yummy varieties yet? I’m really loving the Sugar Free Creamsicles. Super yummy, and only 20 calories per pop! They’ve been my late night treat when I want ice cream. It’s a much better alternative, and it’s great for helping me with my weight loss goals. Thank you, Popsicle for offering something for everyone!
My kids are loving having Popsicles as an after-school snack. They’re great for helping them cool off after a hot bus ride home, but they won’t ruin their dinner. Makes them smile, and it makes me smile too!
We are also loving Popsicle so much that we’ve decided to host a birthday party for Jace and Lucy this weekend. The theme of the party? POPSICLE, of course! 🙂 Stay tuned for pictures, activities, and so much more!
While you’re waiting on the next post from me, don’t forget to interact with Popsicle in the following ways:
- Visit the Popsicle website to find out about all the fabulous Popsicle products available.
- Become a fan of Popsicle on Facebook for photos, fun, coupons, and so much more straight from the brand.
- Follow Popsicle on Twitter for fun tweets that will get your mouth watering.
- **NEW** Follow Popsicle on Pinterest for tons of ideas, pictures, and more to spark your creativity and get you busy with Popsicle products.
Ready for another giveaway from Popsicle? I’ve got a $25 Target Gift Card and 10 Popsicle coupons to give out! I’ve decided one lucky winner will receive the Target gift card AND 2 Popsicle coupons, and then we’ll have 4 more winners that will receive 2 Popsicle coupons each. That’s 5 winners!
To enter, use the Rafflecopter gadget below.