I found out this morning that I have been selected to be a Medela Mom Maven. How exciting!
So what does that mean for you? Well, it means that I want to help you learn to breastfeed and pump successfully.
It’s not easy. I know. I’ve breastfed 4 of my children, and I’ve had complications, struggles, and lots of joy in all of my years of breastfeeding. I’m actually still nursing Parker, because he refuses to wean. But, I have to look at the bright side and realize that every ounce of breastmilk he gets is doing him good.
Here are some of the benefits of breastfeeding:
- Research shows breastfed babies have a reduced risk of:
- Respiratory-tract infections
- Ear infections
- Food allergy
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Breastfeeding helps a mom’s uterus return to its pre-pregnancy state more quickly
- Breastfeeding decreases the risk of pre-menopausal breast cancer, ovarian cancer and osteoporosis for moms
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends exclusively breastfeeding for the first six months, and continuing to provide breastmilk for at least the first year
If you ever have any questions about breastfeeding, pumping, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact me.I want to encourage you and support you all in any way that I can. I may also start a new section of the blog that’s completely devoted to breastfeeding – or I may start a new blog altogether that’s all about breastfeeding, pumping, and being successful. Which would you prefer to see?
I’m excited to be a part of this wonderful program that Medala has started.
Disclaimer: I was in no way compensated for this post. The opinions expressed in this post are strictly my own.