When I got pregnant in 1996, affordable maternity clothes were horrible. There were only a handful of places to purchase maternity clothes, and back then, they were designed to make you look like you were wearing a tent. Just awful.
Luckily, times have changed, and designers have finally figured out that pregnant women are gorgeous and should embrace their new curves and belly bumps instead of trying to hide them. One of my absolute favorite designers is Liz Lange.
In 1997, Liz Lange Maternity launched and grew from a one-woman shop to a nationwide business with boutiques in New York and Beverly Hills. In 2002, she launched an exclusive maternity collection for Target, and pregnant women everywhere rejoiced! Finally. Gorgeous, affordable maternity clothes that any woman would be proud to wear. I got pregnant with Zander late in 2002, and early in 2003, I discovered Liz Lange Maternity wear. It didn’t take long to fall in love.
Recently, a representative contacted me on behalf of Target and Liz Lange Maternity and asked if I would like to receive some samples of the line. How could I refuse? Target is my absolute favorite place to shop, and I have more Liz Lange clothes hanging in my closet right now than anything else. They’re my first choice in maternity wear, and having been pregnant six times, that’s saying a lot!
The clothes they sent were gorgeous. I received 4 tops, a pair of jeans, and a pair of dress slacks. Unfortunately, I can’t wear any of them. The sample sizes that they sent are all a size small (or a size 4), and I haven’t been a size 4 since before I got pregnant with baby #2. It’s been awhile. But, I can still tell you about the quality of each product, and then we’ll get to the giveaway.
- Lilac Fancy V-Neck T-Shirt – I love this top. It’s perfect for just wearing around the house, exercising, or heading out to run errands. It’s a soft, comfortable material, and the little pocket add just the right touch to “fancy” it up a bit. Really cute, and at just $9.99, it’s a fabulous deal!
- Black & White Smocked Waist Top – This top is a little dressier and would be perfect for wearing to work, church, or for a night out. It could easily be paired with jeans or dress pants to give you the perfect look. It would also be fabulous with a long black skirt. I love the fun, funky pattern too!
- Black Shirred V-Neck Top – This top is gorgeous. It’s another dressy top, and it’s in black, so it would be very flattering to any mom-to-be that put it on. The neckline comes really, really low, so I’d definitely put some kind of camisole underneath it, but that would give you a pop of color and have you feeling gorgeous in no time. I so wish I could fit into this top because I absolutely love it!
- Sleeveless Fashion Top in Thunderbolt Blue – I actually found this item on the Target website. You can see it here. This top is gorgeous. It was the first piece I pulled out, and it caught my eye immediately. The material is so soft. It’s a very unique style, and I just love everything about it. (Except the sample size. I’m going to have to order it in my size!) At just $19.99, it’s an excellent value. And, since it ties at the waist, you could probably get away with wearing it after the baby is born.
- Herringbone Trousers – These dress pants are perfect for wearing to work or for a night out on the town. One feature that I absolutely *love* is that the waistband is wide enough that you don’t have to worry about your panties showing when you sit down. (I always stress out about that when I wear certain maternity pants.) I love that they eliminate the worry, and they are super cute! The material is fabulous, and if they weren’t a size 4, I’d be wearing them all the time.
- Core Boot-Cut Denim Jeans – Another pair of pants that I just love. These also have the super-wide waist band, so there’s no need to worry of panties or (gasp!) butt cracks showing. Excellent material, and beautifully made. I need to head to Target and stock up on these pants to get me through the winter. This is my first winter being pregnant, and I only have summer clothes!
Overall, I am really, really impressed with the Liz Lange Maternity Collection from Target. Everything is made with the highest of quality and care, and they’re absolutely beautiful. Comfortable, stylish, and most of all – affordable. What more could anyone ask for?
I will definitely be heading to Target soon to stock up on some Liz Lange Maternity clothes for myself. The summer clothes I have now will need to be put away soon, so I’d better hurry. Anyone up for a shopping trip?
Want to Try the Liz Lange Maternity Collection for Yourself?
To Buy: Head to your local Target store and start shopping. Most stores have a fabulous collection and then you can try things on! If you don’t want to get up from your chair, you can always head to Target.com and start shopping online.
You Can Win! I get to give one lucky reader the outfit of their choice from the Liz Lange Maternity Collection. You’ll get to pick one top and one skirt to make yourself feel absolutely fabulous!
Visit the Liz Lange section of the Target Website and check out all the gorgeous styles. Then, come back here and leave me a comment with your favorite Liz Lange Maternity piece.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Target. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of Target on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and Target on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- **NEW** Vote for Me on Top Mommy Blogs. (2 extra entries. Can be done daily. Click the link or the button in my sidebar, then you must click on the words “Click here to vote.” Leave 2 comments every day you vote!)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on October 12th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of Kaplow PR on behalf of Target. I received the sample products mentioned above to facilitate my honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I have not been compensated in any way other than the sample products for this review. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.