As a part of the Lose for Good campaign, Weight Watchers will donate $1 (and up to $60,000!) to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger for every approved mention, action, or acknowledgment that’s related to “Lose for Good” made on September 14th. They’ll be checking blogs, twitter, facebook, and foursquare.
Please note: There is a difference between the Lose for Good campaign and the Lose-A-Palooza. Lose for Good is a 7-week long campaign. Lose-A-Palooza, however, is a one-day-event encouraging members to participate in the Lose for Good Campaign. Lose-A-Palooza will run only on September 14th, and is designed to drive as much social media awareness as possible for the Lose for Good Campaign. Every time “Lose for Good” is mentioned using an approved method on September 14th, Weight Watchers will track the mention and donate $1 to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger. (Up to $60,000.)
Here are some ways YOU can get involved today:
- Put up a post on your blog that references the phrase “Lose for Good” and encourage your readers to learn more about the Lose for Good campaign by visiting http://weightwatchers.com/loseforgood.
- Comment on a blog post about Lose for Good. (Like this one!) Then, ask friends to show their support and comment on your post. Remember to include “Lose for Good” in your comment.
- Head to WeightWatchers.com and write a post in the community that includes the phrase “Lose for Good.”
- “Like” the Weight Watchers, Share Our Strength, or Action Against Hunger facebook pages.
- Throughout the day on September 14th, Weight Watchers will post “Lose-A-Palooza” updates on their facebook page. Comment or “Like” any of these updates.
- Add a “Lose-A-Palooza” twibbon to your profile picture. (Great for facebook and/or twitter!)
- Follow @WeightWatchers, @sharestrength or @acfusa on twitter. RT their tweets to show your support.
- Tweet with the #LoseforGood hashtag and encourage your followers to RT and/or do the same. Here are a few sample tweets to get you started:
I really hope you’ll take some time today and spread the word about this amazing thing that Weight Watchers is doing. Let’s help them meet that $60,000 goal in just a few hours!
If you put up a post about the Lose for Good campaign or the Lose-A-Palooza event, let me know so that I can stop by and comment on it!
Disclaimer: I am participating in a blog tour with the One2One Network on behalf of Weight Watchers and the Lose-A-Palooza event. I am not being compensated for this post in any way, however, by posting as a One2One Network member, my name is being entered into a drawing for the chance to win a prize.