As a mom of 6, I’m not exactly sure where to begin when it comes to describing what makes me a proud mom. My heart truly overflows with love and pride for the children God has given me.
No, they’re not perfect. They argue and fight and drive me bonkers. But that is a part of childhood. It comes with the territory of being a mom – especially a mom of so many.
It’s the other moments that make me beam with pride: The times when everyone is getting along and the house is full of giggles. When one of the kids learns something new and the others cheer him or her on. The times when my children go out of their way to do something nice for someone else. The moments like that far outweigh the not-so-fun moments, and that’s what makes me such a proud mom.
I want to take a moment and name each child by name and tell you a few reasons why my heart overflows with pride for that child.
- Ashley. At 13, Ashley is one of the kindest, sweetest girls you will meet. She has a heart of gold, and she will go out of her way to help anyone that needs it. She works so hard in school and brings home straight As.
- Zander. At 7, Zander is one of the brightest boys on the planet. He is now reading on an 8th grade level, and has turned into my own little “Grammar Deputy.” He loves school, loves his teacher, and it brightens my day when I watch him interact with our newest little member of the family.
- Jace. At 6, Jace is the sweetest kindergartner you will ever meet. He gives the very best hugs, and his laugh fills the entire room with joy. He has such neat handwriting, and he works hard at everything he does.
- Lucy. At 4, she is such a big helper. She loves to help me around the house and with the baby. She even killed a spider for me yesterday! She loves to sing, and she makes me smile all the time.
- Parker. At 2, I can’t get over how smart he is. He talks so well, and he really is as smart as a whip. Last week, he even rode a 2-wheel bike all by himself at his Maw-Maw’s house. He is such a big boy!
- Gage. At just under 2 months, he doesn’t “do” much yet. But, when he looks at me with those big blue eyes, and he gives me that big toothless grin, I can’t help but melt!
Those are just a few of the reasons why my kids make me such a proud mom. I could sit for hours and list the ways each child has made me beam with pride over the years.
I am so blessed… Blessed Beyond Words to be exact. God has given me 6 amazing children, and this proud mom is so thankful.
Tell me: What makes you a proud mom?
Disclaimer: This is an entry to the Proud Mom contest. I could win $50! The contest is sponsored by UPrinting event ticket printing services.