I’ll admit it. I’m one of those moms who uses her iPhone and iPod touch to keep my kids occupied while we’re out and about. Sitting in the dentist’s waiting room is much more fun when the kids are playing a game together. There’s no fighting, no whining. But, I’m very careful about what types of apps I put on my phone that the kids are allowed to play with. I prefer they only play with apps that are educational yet fun.
I had the opportunity to test out 3 new apps from My Living Stories: The Tortoise and the Hare, Goldilocks and the Three Bears, and King Midas.
My Review of My Living StoriesThere are several things that I love about the My Living Stories apps. First, they are super easy to use. Preschoolers (and school aged children) can read the stories themselves, or follow along with the narration. I also love that you can record your own rendition of the story and have the children play that back. Parker loved hearing Mommy read him a story, and now he can play it over and over again, and I won’t lose my voice from reading so much.
The apps also have beautiful artwork in them and fun animations. All of my kids loved watching the screens change and the stories move along as they read.
These apps are fantastic for teaching and encouraging reading in young children. They can start with the narration helping them, and then move up to reading it themselves. Every time one of these apps are being used on my iPhone or my iPod Touch, Jace, Lucy, Parker, and Zander can usually be found hovered over it. I love watching them play and learn together.
Overall, I am super impressed with the My Living Stories apps and will definitely be downloading the other 2 stories – Little Red Riding Hood & The Princess and the Pea. I know Lucy will put them to good use.
Want to win a $25 iTunes Gift Card?
To celebrate the My Living Stories apps, Mom Central is allowing me to giveaway a $25 iTunes Gift Card to one lucky reader. Please note, the contest is open to US & Canada. Readers may enter the contest on multiple blogs, but are only eligible to win one iTunes gift card as part of the My Living Stories contest.
Leave a comment here and tell me which My Living Stories story or app you would like the best.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and the My Living Stories apps. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries. Subscribing to feed in a reader no longer counts.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys on twitter. (Leave your twitter id and a link to your tweet here, please!)
- Tweet about this contest daily using the #MyLivingStories hashtag. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
Example: Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys is giving away a $25 iTunes GC thanks to @MomCentral and #MyLivingStories. Enter here: http://tinyurl.com/2bec9rn
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US and Canada. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Also note that readers may enter to win on more than one blog, but can only win 1 gift card through the My Living Stories program. Giveaway will end on August 3rd at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I am participating in the My Living Stories program by Mom Central on behalf of Decode Entertainment. I received 3 free apps and a gift card as a thank you for my participation.