For the past month or so, I have prayed about the word God would have me to keep in mind throughout 2013.
I’ve finally found it!
My word for 2013 is PURGE.
Here are 13 ways I plan to PURGE my life this year:
- I will PURGE the things in my life that hinder my relationship with Christ.
- I will PURGE any thoughts or reactions that might harm my relationship with my husband.
- I will PURGE the things in my life that keep me from spending time with my children.
- I will PURGE from my home the clutter and things I no longer need and either donate them or throw them away.
- I will PURGE from my life relationships that do not foster my relationship with Christ.
- I will PURGE from my heart any bitterness or unforgiveness that may be hanging around.
- I will PURGE from my eyes anything that does not need to be set before them. (TV shows, movies, etc.)
- I will PURGE from my Bible verses that I can memorize and apply to my life.
- I will PURGE from my diet foods that do not help me meet healthy living goals I have set for myself.
- I will PURGE from my mouth any desire to gossip or say things that could harm another person.
- I will PURGE from my mouth any desire to “snap back” or get angry.
- I will PURGE my desires to nag my husband or children and instead use words to encourage and uplift them.
- I will PURGE through last year’s Prayer Journal, rejoice in the blessings God has given us, and start a new journal for this year.
Those are my goals for 2013. While they will not be easy, I rejoice in the fact that “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Phil. 4:13)
What’s your word for 2013?