Disclaimer: This review was made possible by Double Duty Divas and Pampers. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
The end of daylight savings time is tough – especially when you’ve got kids. While gaining that extra hour is fantastic for adults who need to catch up on sleep, it can throw a monkey wrench into the sleep cycles of our little ones. When they’re normally getting up at 6:30 in the morning, all of a sudden, they’re now getting up at 5:30. Less sleep for mom is never a good thing. While we might not need our sleep to be beautiful, most of us need it in order to be pleasant. (That’s true in my case, anyway.)
There are things you can do to adjust the time change for your little ones gradually so it’s not a huge adjustment all at once. (Please note, the tips I’m going to be sharing below are best for babies that are 5 months and older.)
Here are a few of my favorite tips from Kim West, LCSW-C, Sleep Lady Solutions, LLC on how to help your baby sleep better during time change:
- Make sure that your children are well-napped during the day so that when the time change takes effect having a later-feeling bedtime isn’t as much of an issue. (Sticking to your daily routine as much as possible will really help baby sleep better at night. And don’t forget to get some fresh air every day!)
- Make sure that you watch your baby for sleepy cues carefully. Make sure that you’re changing your baby’s diaper right before your child goes into the crib for naps or bedtime. (There is nothing more important than keeping baby dry all night. That’s why I’m so thankful for Pampers Baby Dry Diapers!)
- To ensure that your children know when it’s time to sleep, rely on your established soothing bedtime routine.
For this review, I received a pack of Pamper’s Baby Dry Diapers and a super cute pair of pajamas from The Children’s Place. Look how sweet Carly looks in her new pajamas:
I love the bold, bright colors on the PJs. But what I love even more, is what’s under the pajamas: her Pamper’s Baby Dry Diapers. We recently made the switch from Swaddlers to the Baby Dry diapers, and I love them! They keep Carly dry all night long, and I don’t have to get up in the middle of the night with her to change her (and her pajamas, and the sheets on the crib.) I love that they offer 12 hour protection, so she can sleep peacefully all night long.
Before I get to the fantastic little giveaway I have planned for you, I want to make sure you know all about the #PampersSleepChat Twitter Party. Trust me, you won’t want to miss this!
When: November 7th at 9pm EST.
Why? We’ll chat about how the end of Daylight Savings Time can affect sleep patterns & get tips on easing the transition from The Sleep Lady, Kim West.
What You Can Win:
- $50 AMEX Gift Card, $25 Children’s Place Gift Card, Pampers product and book by Kim West.
- $100 AMEX Gift Card, Pampers Product, series of books by Kim West
- Grand Prize: $500 AMEX Card to purchase sleep items such as a new crib, video monitor, etc.
Be sure to follow the hosts: To participate, follow your hosts @DoubleDutyDivas, @BridgetteLA, @CeceliaMecca @AngieKcom @WhatMommiesNeed @RamblingChick, sleep expert @TheSleepLady and our sponsor @Pampers.
Hurry and RSVP Today!: http://twtvite.com/
Now, let’s get to the giveaway! Thanks to DoubleDutyDivas and Pampers, I get to give one lucky winner a pack of Pampers Baby Dry Diapers and a pair of Pajamas from The Children’s Place. To enter, just use the rafflecopter gadget below.