Lucy is enthralled. When I put the DVD in the player, and turned on the tv, she didn’t move a muscle. She sat on the couch, hanging on every word. I love seeing her so excited about something that teaches her about Jesus.
The DVD contains two fun stories about facing our fears and trusting in our Shepherd, Jesus. There’s fun music and even a sing-a-long to help kids learn the Bible Verse Psalm 23:4.
In the first episode, Gracie and her Ewe Scout flock head to her Grandma Tabitha’s for a campout to earn a new badge. The outdoors at night are scary, and Gracie becomes frightened. She has a difficult time enjoying her time with her friends. Grandma Tabitha steps in and shares Psalm 23:4 with the girls. She talks about how Shepherd is always around – even in our darkest valley – and will provide protection that only He can give.
The second episode deals with meeting new people. A strange new kid shows up at school, and Jacob has to face his fear. Jacob becomes afraid of the new kid, and decides he’s never going back to school again. Jacob’s father teaches Jacob that things aren’t always as they seem and thanks to the promise of Psalm 23:4, Jesus is always here to guide and protect us.
The song that they sing in the sing-a-long and in the episodes is fantastic. It’s catchy, and it’s full of truths straight from the Bible. It’s a fun, easy way to get kids excited about learning a Bible verse. Lucy is often bouncing around the house singing, “You are with me God, and I am BRAVE when you are near!”
The writers of Really Woolly Kids do a fantastic job of taking the truths from the Bible and breaking them down into stories that even children can understand. I am officially a huge fan of Really Woolly Kids and can’t wait to catch their next adventure! I noticed in the online store, there are several other DVDs on sale right now – most starting at just $5! You can bet I’ll be adding them to our collection!
I also want you to checkout the Really Woolly Kids website. You and your kids can head on over to Woollyville and find games, videos, and lots of extras. It’s tons of fun, and my kids have all really enjoyed it.
Want to check out Really Woolly Kids for yourself?
To Buy: Head to the Really Woolly Kids online store and start shopping! There are tons of really great items, and lots of DVDs to choose from.
You Can WIN! I have a copy of the DVD “Trusting in the Shepherd” and “The Shepherd’s Promises Activity Book” to give away to one reader!
Mandatory: Visit the Really Woolly Kids website and then come back here and tell me one thing learned or found interesting about their site.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Really Woolly Kids website. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of Really Woolly Kids on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and DaySpring on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- **NEW** Vote for Me on Top Mommy Blogs. (2 extra entries. Can be done daily. Click the link or the button in my sidebar, then you must click on the words “Click here to vote.” Leave 2 comments every day you vote!)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on November 12th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a PR rep from Propeller on behalf of DaySpring and Really Woolly Kids. I received a copy of the DVD to facilitate my review. I have not been compensated in any other way for this post, and opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.