The holidays are here, and with the holidays comes baking, making, and eating lots (and lots!) of yummy food and desserts.
I recently found out about the Limited Edition Peppermint Oreo, and I am hooked. (These are available exclusively at Food Lion, so make sure you stock up on your next trip!)
To jump-start my holiday baking, Oreo sent me a package of their cookies in Peppermint flavor, a recipe for Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls, and a Food Lion Gift card to help me purchase the items to make the cookie balls.
Let me just tell you, I *love* a no-bake recipe that looks like I’ve spent hours in the kitchen, when really, it took less than an hour and it wasn’t difficult to make at all.
Before I get to the recipe, let me show you just how delicious these Cookie Balls look:
Don’t they look delicious?
While they may not be as pretty as the cookie balls on the Oreo website, I think they look pretty good… and the best part? They taste amazing! So rich and full of flavor, these will definitely be making an appearance on my holiday dessert table this year.
Want to know how to make these delicious Peppermint-Oreo Cookie Balls for yourself?
Here’s the recipe:
NO BAKE PEPPERMINT-OREO COOKIE BALLS
- 1 Pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 Pkg. (15.25 oz.) OREO Cookies with Peppermint Creme, finely crushed
- 4 Pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 8 starlight mints (or 4 candy canes), coarsly crushed
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
- Dip balls into melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with candy.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
How to Easily Dip Cookie Balls
- To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
NOTE: If any melted chocolate remains after all balls are coated, store in tightly covered container at room temperature until ready to use for another recipe or project.
I highly recommend that you RUN to your nearest Food Lion store, grab a bag of Peppermint OREOs, and the other items needed to make these cookie balls, and then get to making! Your family will thank you, and your dessert will be the talk of the family gathering.