Remember the review I did earlier this week for the Sid the Science Kid: Weather Kid Sid DVD? (If not, click here to read the full review: 5 Vinez Monkeys Review Sid the Science Kid: Weather Kid Sid)
To refresh your memory, here’s a brief summary:
This was such a great DVD! I already told you about my favorite episode that’s on the DVD. I loved that the story reflected the important facts about sunscreen that I’ve shared with my kids. (For some reason, to a kid, it’s just better to hear it from a cartoon character than it is from Mom.)
Not only is the Sid’s Special Sunny Dad’s Day episode on the DVD, there are also 3 other episodes: Sid’s Rainy Play Date, Sid’s Cool Holiday, and The Wind Did It Sid. Each of these episodes cover different weather topics and help answer all those questions that kids have. Sid learns where rain comes from and why it’s so important to our earth. He also learns that it was the wind that blew away the pile of leaves he worked so hard to rake up. And he learned that the wind is strong enough to make sand dunes, waves, and even move sail boats! He also learns that even though it’s warm where he is during the winter, it’s not warm all over the world.
Leave a comment here and tell me which Jim Henson Character is your child’s favorite.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Henson Company. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries. Subscribing to feed in a reader no longer counts.)
- Vote for my Recipe on Hybrid Mom. (2 extra entries. One vote per person, please. If you’ve already voted, please claim your extra points.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Add me as a friend on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and the Henson Company on twitter and tweet about this contest. (Leave your twitter id and a link to your tweet here, please!)
- Tweet about this contest daily. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to US Continental Residents ONLY. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on June 9th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of Three.Sixty Marketing & Communication on behalf of the Henson Company. I was sent a copy of the Sid the Science Kid: Weather Kid Sid DVD to get my honest and thorough review that was posted here. The sponsor is also fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.