One2One Network recently sent us a Smooshie to try out. It was an absolute hit with all of the kids.
Before I get into my review of Smooshies, I want to tell you a bit more about them.
Made by Creativity Inc, Smooshies are a fun, easy way to release the creativity in your kids. Kids can use their imaginations to create anything they can dream up – a monster, a friend, a robot, or even an alien. The sky’s the limit when it comes to Smooshies!
Simply take the arms, legs, facial features, antennae, and even wings. Then attach them anywhere on the smooshie body that you’d like. The easy velcro tabs allow kids to create and recreate unique characters, mixing and matching all the body parts, in an infinite number of ways. Then, when they’re done, they can just pull the pieces off and start all over again!
Smooshies are award winning – taking both the Dr. Toy Best Vacation Children’s Products award, as well as the Creative Child Magazine Top Toy award.
Monkey Mama’s Review of Smooshies
We received a Smooshie “Small Egg Kit” along with an extra set of legs and an extra mouth. When I opened the box, and pulled out the kit, Jace and Lucy immediately came running for me. They both wanted to play with the Smooshie.
I talked them into playing together, (which was surprisingly easy!), and together they built monster after monster after monster. Zander also joined in on the fun and created several monsters.
I love that the Smooshies get my kids thinking. My kids have very active imaginations to begin with, and the Smooshies help foster and build the creativity that’s just bubbling up inside them.
If I could make one suggestion to improve Smooshies, I’d love a bag to store all of the extra parts in. With 5 kids and a tiny house, we’ve lost (and found, and then lost again) the extra pieces more times than I can even count. If I had a bag to store the extra pieces in, it would help tremendously. OR, if they could just make the body of the Smooshie open up and allow you to store the extra pieces there, it would be awesome.
I love how bright the colors are, and the fuzzy part of the body is so soft! And they’re very reasonably priced! At just $9.99 for a starter kit, $5.99 for additional bodies, and $1.99 for extra “parts.” They are an excellent value for the money!
Overall, Smooshies gets two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me. My kids love playing with their Smoosie, and we’ve actually had to write up a schedule as to who gets to sleep with him on what night!
Want to try Smooshies for Yourself?
Smooshies are available at select JoAnn & Michaels stores. (Click here to see if your nearest location has them.) You can also purchase them online at Joann.com.
I am allowed to give away a Smooshie Kit to one of my readers!
Visit the Smooshie Website and then come back here and leave a comment telling me which kit is your favorite.
For Extra Entries:
- Download a Smooshie Activity Page. (Leave a comment and tell me which one you selected!)
- Subscribe to us via email or reader. (Leave a comment for each that you do.)
- Use any of the buttons at the bottom of this post, just leave an individual comment for each one that you complete.
- Follow us on twitter.
- Tweet about this contest. (Can be done up to 5 times daily – leave one comment per tweet.)
- Grab one of our buttons and put it in your sidebar. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Blog about this giveaway. Include links to www.5vinezmonkeys.com and to Smooshies. If you don’t have a blog, send an email to 5 friends, telling them about this giveaway. Be sure to CC me in your email (angie [@] buybymom.com), and you will qualify for the extra entries. (Leave 5 extra comments if you do this.)
- Follow our blog – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. Leave a comment for each one that you do.
For Unlimited Entries:
Comment on any post (other than a giveaway post) on my blog, then let me know which post you commented on. Easy enough, right?
If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. The contest will end Saturday, August 1st at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winners will be announced by Monday, August 3rd and will have 48 hours to claim their prize, or it will be forfeited.