Christmas is just around the corner. And ham has long been the traditional holiday centerpiece. Despite the tough economy, consumers still demand quality, traditional meals to enjoy with their family and friends. And, many still turn to Cook’s bone-in spiral sliced ham.
From the Cook’s Ham Website:
Cook’s hams always begin with old-fashioned bone-in hams for a more natural texture and taste. We slow-cure our hams with natural ingredients like pure cane sugar, real honey, brown sugar and maple syrup. For the perfect finish, we smoke our hams for hours using real hickory wood. This process gives our hams a taste that separates Cook’s hams from the rest. Since their introduction by Cook Family Foods in 1983, Cook’s branded hams and other smoked meats have been packaged and sold to leading supermarket chains and independent grocers throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. In fact, Cook’s is the nation’s leading brand of traditional and spiral sliced smoked bone-in ham, corned beef and smoked picnics.
My Review of Cook’s Ham
Cook’s Ham contacted me and sent me a coupon for a free Cook’s Ham. Because we have an allergy to poultry in the family, and because 3 of my 5 kids won’t touch turkey at Thanksgiving, we always make both a turkey and a ham.
I took my coupon to our local Walmart Super Center and found the perfect Cook’s Ham – A brown sugar, spiral sliced ham. On Thanksgiving morning, since the turkey was taking up the entire oven, I opted to cook my ham in the crock pot. When the cooking time was up, and hubby pulled the ham out of the crock pot, I knew it was going to be perfect. The ham was so tender and so juicy. The kids devoured the ham. Zander had 4ths, he loved it so much. Even Jace, who is going through a kick and won’t eat any meat, ate 2 big pieces of the Cook’s Ham.
Cook’s Ham is definitely my favorite for holiday cooking. And, even when it’s not the holidays and I just want ham for dinner, Cook’s Ham will now be my first choice.
This holiday, make your table just a little more special and offer up a Cook’s Ham to your family. They’ll thank you for it!
Want to try Cook’s Ham for Yourself?
To Buy:Click here to find locations where you can find Cook’s Ham to purchase.
You Can Win! I’ve got a coupon for a free Cook’s Ham (valued up to $30) for one lucky reader.
Head to the Cook’s Ham Website then come back here and tell me one interesting fact you found, or one recipe you’d love to try.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Glaze or Rub? That’s the question! Tell me your favorite glazes or rubs to use on a ham. (You can also visit www.HamIdeas.com to check out some recipes that are sure to please.) – Unlimited
- Share your worst holiday cooking experience in the comments. (And be sure to visit www.cooksham.com/HamTV for tips on how to make the perfect holiday ham.) – Unlimited
- How will you use your leftovers to get the most bang for your buck? Ham pizza? Ham soufflé? Ham sushi? What do you think? (If you’re stuck, visit www.HamIdeas.com to get even more delicious recipe ideas.) – Unlimited
- Blog About this Giveaway by copying and pasting the following (5 extra entries) :
Having Ham for the holidays? Want to try a delicious Cook’s Ham on your table this year? Angie at 5 Vinez Monkeys is giving away a free Cook’s Ham – valued up to $30! You won’t want to miss this giveaway! Stop by before 11:59pm ET on December 15th and enter to win!
- Subscribe to us via email or reader. (Leave a comment for each that you do.)
- Follow us on twitter. (Leave your twitter handle here, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (Unlimited – just leave a comment for each tweet!)
- Grab our button and put it in your sidebar. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. Leave a comment for each one that you do.
Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on December 15th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winners will be announced by December 16th and will have 48 hours to claim their prize, or it will be forfeited and a new winner will be pulled.
Disclaimer: Cook’s Ham supplied me with a coupon for a free Cook’s Ham to get my personal and honest review. They also sent along an extra coupon for one of my readers. I was in no other way compensated for this post, and the opinions expressed in this post are solely my own.