I’m going to make a confession: I do NOT like getting up in the morning. When I finally fall asleep at night, whatever time that may be, it never seems like much time passes before I hear the annoying sound of the alarm clock. Whomever it was that decided such an awful sound was a good way to wake people up was an idiot. Seriously? Who likes hearing that dreadful noise and then gets excited about getting out of bed? Not me! My head hurts, I’m still tired, and my day is off to a miserable start.
So, when Philips contacted me and told me there was a better way I could wake up in the mornings, I wanted to try it for myself.
Y’all, let me tell you… this little circular clock is amazing. It has made drastic changes in my mornings! I cannot get over it.
Let me share with you some of the awesome benefits this Wake Up Light offers:
- Colored Sunrise Simulation – This is my favorite feature. Over the course of 30 minutes, the light gradually changes from soft red to orange and then to bright yellow at wake up time. Because of this change in light, your body wakes up naturally, rather than being jerked awake by an alarm.
- Choice of 5 Wake Up Sounds – At your set wake up time, your selected wake up sound will start to play. This completes the wake up experience and it makes sure you are actually awake. The sound gradually increases in volume to your selected level within a minute and a half. You have 5 different sounds to choose from including a bird song, birds in the forest, a zen garden, gentle piano music, and seaside sounds. (My personal favorite is the gentle piano music, but that’s only because I have an unnatural fear of birds, and it totally freaked me out the first morning when it sounded like a flock of birds were flying around my bedroom. 😉 ) You also have the option to wake up to the sound an FM radio if you prefer.
- Easy Snooze – Some days, you just don’t want to get out of bed. That’s ok! Just put your hand on the front of the Wake Up Light to Snooze a little longer. It’s so easy! (And, yes, I still woke up refreshed.)
- Sunset Option Also Available – You can also set a sunset option to help you drift off to sleep at night. So far, this hasn’t worked for me, but I have 8 kids and falling asleep is one of the hardest things I have to do. It’s a great feature, though, and my husband loves it, so we do utilize it every night.
If there were anything I would change about the wake up light, though, it would be two little things:
- I’d add more sounds without birds. I really, really, really hate birds, but I love the sound of the ocean. If there were an ocean sound without seagulls, it would be absolutely perfect!
- The power cord on the back of the unit unplugs too easily. My two year old’s favorite thing to do is walk into my bedroom and pull the cord out of the back. That means I’m resetting the clock a thousand times a day. It can be frustrating.
Overall, I love this light, and I’m still in awe over the changes I’ve experienced in the mornings since I’ve had it. I’m ready to jump out of bed and start my day, and with a smile on my face. I think my family is glad I got the light, too! 😉
So, if you (or someone you love) tend(s) to wake up grumpy, consider the Philips Wake Up Light. It’s made a difference in our home, and I know you’ll love it too!
You can find this gift and many more in our 2016 Holiday Gift Guide!