As a mom of 8, I’ve gone through many highchairs through the years. Most of them have been Graco highchairs, simply because I know what I like, I know what works, and I trust Graco when it comes to products I use for my kids.
That being said, I already had a bit of a bias toward loving this highchair when Graco asked me to review it for them. Because it was Graco, I knew I would love it. I just had no idea how much!
Let me introduce you to the Graco Sous Chef™ Seating System. This is THE highchair I wish I had had with all of my kids. The one that I would have held on to for 18 years – or until it finally fell apart. This is my favorite highchair I have ever used.
I know what you’re thinking. It’s a high chair! How can be that great?
Let me tell you about this highchair.
First, the highchair can be used from newborn all the way up to “big kids.” Your baby can be in the kitchen with you from day one. (Or two – or whenever – depending on when you get home from the hospital and/or feel like actually being in the kitchen again!)
There are 5 different modes of use for the highchair:
- The Elevated Newborn Seat – perfect for wheeling baby into the kitchen in a safe place that’s high enough for you to reach him/her while you’re cooking.
- Removable Rocking Chair – THIS IS AWESOME. It’s my favorite feature of the highchair, and it’s the reason I wish I had had this highchair from day one with Sawyer. (Heck, with all my kids!) You simply remove the chair from the stand (without baby in it, for safety reasons, of course!), and put it in any room of the house. This would have made life SO much easier with all my babies. Honestly, this is the BEST feature of the highchair and it’s what makes the entire highchair worth every penny!
- Infant Reclining Highchair – perfect for those first feedings and beyond. Allows you to easily reach and interact with baby while they get those first feedings of cereal.
- Highchair mode – This is how our highchair stays most of the time. We don’t have enough seating at our table, so this allows me to put Sawyer in his highchair and feed him. The tray and insert are fantastic. The tray can easily be removed with just one hand, and the insert is dishwasher safe, so it allows for super easy clean up. (Even after the first birthday cake fiasco!)
- Toddler Booster seat – Another fantastic feature of the highchair! The toddler booster seat attaches right to your kitchen table chair. No extra pieces required, no difficult maneuvers to go through, just buckle it on! We use this all the time at church dinners and when we go to MawMaw and PapPaw’s house for dinner. That way, we still have somewhere to put Sawyer for dinner, but we don’t have to load the entire highchair into the van. The booster seat holds up to 60 pounds, so I have a feeling we’ll be using this for quite some time!
The highchair is so easy to use, and the initial assembly is quite easy as well. I was able to put the entire seat together in about 15 minutes.
The entire seat is also easy to wash – which was GREAT after the picture above was taken! Even with the awful mess Sawyer made, I was able to have everything cleaned up in just minutes, and threw most of it in the washing machine for even easier clean up.
If you are about to have a baby, have recently had a baby, or have a toddler at home and you are in the market for a new highchair, let me recommend the Graco Sous Chef™ Seating System. You will not be disappointed! This is one highchair they won’t grow out of too quickly, and you’ll be using it for years. We love our Graco Sous Chef™ Seating System, and we know you will too! You can find the Sous Chef Seating System on the Graco Website or at Babies R Us.