Mother’s Day is just around the corner. It’s that one special day to celebrate Mom and let her know just how much you love her.
So, what do you get the mom who has everything?
I started by browsing MyPrintly.com. There are so many great craft ideas on there. If you’ve never stopped by the site, you simply must do so. It’s the first place I go when I need to come up with an idea for gifts and my mind goes blank. It always gets my creative juices flowing again, and I’ve found some really great stuff to make because of the site.
While out and about in my daily endeavors recently, I came across some unique burlap prints. They were beautiful, but they were hand painted. Unfortunately, my artistic ability when it comes to freehand drawing is non-existent. I can’t even draw a stick figure without crooked lines.
But, I can design almost anything on the computer!
I had even found some laminated burlap at my local craft store. It said you could put it in the printer, but I noticed that the burlap sheds. I didn’t want to risk ruining my beautiful HP Envy printer by having it pull through a piece of burlap.
I wanted a way to make a burlap print without actually printing on the burlap.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make a burlap print without actually printing on burlap!
Here, take a minute and watch my video:
See how easy that was?
Let’s go over everything once again, and get you on your way to creating your own masterpiece.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- The design you want to print. (See my *Free* Printables below, create your own, find one on etsy…. the possibilities are endless!)
- Transparency Film (Made for inkjet printers)
- A printer
- Burlap (either laminated burlap or a piece of burlap cut to size)
- Picture frame
Next, here’s what you need to do:
- Using your printer, print out your design onto transparency paper. (If you use my printables below, they are all set to print as an 8″x10″. I include a black border so you know exactly where to cut your design out to fit in the frame. Just make sure your document is set to print at 100%.
- Cut out your design around the black lines. (If using my printable. If not, cut your design out to fit in the frame.)
- Place the design next to the glass, place the burlap (cut to size) behind it, and put on the back of the frame.
- Viola! That’s it! You now have a beautiful burlap frame, and there’s no chance of any burlap shedding and clogging up your printer.
I absolutely love the way these prints look! I foresee lots and lots of these in my future. 🙂
Now, let’s get on to the fun part. The free printables! I’ve got several designs for you to choose from. Just click on the image to be taken to the full size image. Right click on the large image (not the small one!), save it to your computer, and then print it out using the instructions above:
Still need more crafty ideas for gifts to make this year? Check out MyPrintly.com for tons more ideas!
I also want to make sure you know about an exciting giveaway with the chance to win one of three (3) HP Envy Printers. All you have to do is follow @MyPrintly on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram, and then complete this brief entry form: http://bit.ly/MyPrintlyGiveaway. (Please note: The contest ends Friday, May 15th and winners will be randomly selected and notified the following week. Giveaway is for U.S. only.)
If you use these printables, I’d love to see how your project turns out! Or, let me know which craft on MyPrintly.com you end up using.
Happy Mother’s Day!