I got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade. At first, I just needed reading glasses. But, over the next year, my eye sight got so bad, I had to wear them all the time.
I was so embarrassed. I hated my glasses, and I didn’t want to have to wear my glasses. I talked my parents into buying me contacts, but I hated them too. So, for over a year, I pretended to put my contacts in every day, and I struggled to see.
When my parents finally caught on, the immediately took me to the eye doctor to see if I had done any damage to my eyes. It turned out, I had. By not wearing my glasses, and straining so hard to see for so long, I had messed up my eyes so badly that I had to go through a year of eye therapy to help retrain my eyes to see.
I had access to glasses, and I made the choice not to wear them for selfish reasons. I look back on it now, and I wish I could go back in time to smack myself. What was I thinking?!
So, when I heard about OneSight and the amazing work they are doing to eradicate the global vision care crisis, I wanted in!
OneSight wants to bring sight to the world, but they need your help! Here’s what you can do:
- Share a Photo – Snap a picture of yourself or your family using your hands as glasses. Use the hashtag #HelpTheWorldSee and help bring attention to OneSight’s mission to bring sight to the world. (Use my picture with Jace above as a reference!)
- Donate – There are over 1 billion people without access to vision care. By donating just $1 to the cause will help! Donate quickly and easily at OneSight.org/donate.
Please take a moment to learn more about OneSight and the fantastic things they’re doing:
- Search the Hashtag: #HelpTheWorldSee
- Follow them on Twitter: @OneSightOrg
- Become a Fan on Facebook: @OneSight
- Follow them on Instagram: @OneSight
- Check out their Website: onesight.org
- Donate Now!: onesight.org/donate
I can’t wait to see your pictures floating around social media! Get your handglasses on and start shooting! 🙂