I have a husband that works an insane amount of hours. I have a teenage daughter that is a social butterfly and wants to spend as much time with her friends as she possibly can. She is always going somewhere: church revivals, youth meetings, friends’ houses.
Before I installed the Moby App, I felt like I was constantly texting the same words over and over – to both my husband and my daughter: “Where are you?” I know, it sounds nosey, but I worry about my family, and I just feel better when Ic an instantly know where they are and not have to worry that they’re in danger, or that my daughter isn’t somewhere that she doesn’t need to be. And, it’s completely private. Ashley’s location is only shared with me (and my husband), not with my 5 million facebook friends. I don’t have to worry about someone seeing her “check in” and knowing exactly where she is. It’s safe, secure, private, and an excellent app for parents of teenagers. Learn more about why Moby is great for families here: http://www.mymoby.com/product/why-moby/families/
I’ve been using the Moby app for almost 2 weeks now, and I *love* it. I think I would love it even more if my husband and my daughter had iPhones, but for right now, it works great for us. I can set it so that Ashley can share her location with me for 3 or 4 hours, and I can check in any time I want to. And, I can quickly and easily share my location with both my husband and my daughter. If nothing else, the Moby app would be the ideal tool to have in case of an emergency.
Whenever I go out, I’ve usually got 6 kids in tow. If my car breaks down, or we get in an accident, I then have to worry about getting the necessary information to my hubby – or to anyone else that could help. With just a few clicks of a button, I can immediately send my location to hubby and let him know that it’s an emergency. I haven’t had to test out that feature yet, thankfully, but it makes me feel better knowing that I have it there as an option.
I am super impressed with the Moby App for the iPhone and would recommend it to any family.
Here’s some need to know info about the Moby App:
- The Moby App is available in the App Store. (Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Requires iOS 4.1 or later.) Learn more here: http://www.mymoby.com/product/
- Moby Support is amazing! I was having trouble linking my husband’s phone with mine, and they were able to quickly and easily resolve the issues and get us linked. You can contact them by email at email@example.com, and you can also follow them on twitter: @mymoby
- Their YouTube page features other important how-to videos which are great for setting up your iPhone, and learning everything you need to know about the App and how it works: http://www.youtube.com/user/
- A new Moby application is launching next month (8/11) with improved battery life. (YAY!! Great news!!)
- The Android version is being designed now, and it should launch in late August or early September. It will have the same great features as the iPhone version, and you’ll also have the ability to share locations between iPhone and Android devices. Get on the pre-registration list here: http://www.mymoby.com/product/
- The Moby App for iPhone is FREE. Just download and install. Gotta love that!