Teachers are some of the most powerful, most influential people in our lives. I have been blessed to have had many wonderful teachers over the years. Teachers that I loved, admired, and respected so much.
I can tell you the names of every teacher I had from Preschool up to 12th grade. And, I can tell you at least one good thing (if not dozens!) about each one of those teachers. They are the reasons that I enrolled in college with an Elementary Education minor. I wanted to be a teacher, and I wanted to have the same impact on a student that those teachers had on me. I never got to finish college or get my teaching degree, and I will always wish that I had. But, becoming a mom at 19 caused me to make a lot of life changes and that included dropping out of college and focusing on taking care of my daughter.
Now, my kids are in school, and I am so thankful for each of the teachers they have. Jace has the perfect kindergarten teacher. She’s fun, always smiling, and just adores “her” kids. Zander adores his teacher, and she has been wonderful for him. He was so nervous about going back to school after 2 years of homeschooling, but she has taken him under her wing and has encouraged him so much. He is excelling and thriving in class, and I truly believe it’s because he has such an amazing teacher. Ashley raves about each one of her teachers, how nice they are and how they’re always willing to answer her questions and give her the encouragement she needs. Yep, I’m really thankful for each one of these teachers, and I need to do a better job of telling them just how much they mean to me – and my kids!
Mudpies and Butterflies wants to encourage parents to take the time to thank a teacher in their child’s life. They’ve even released a video dedicated to showcasing how important teachers really are. I’m going to post the video below, but I’ll warn you: It made me cry. Of course, I cry at everything right now, but they really did an excellent job of touching on everything a teacher does. Here. See for yourself:
Awesome, right? Don’t you think our kids’ teachers deserve to be thanked for all that they have done, are doing, and will do for our children and many others?
To encourage you to thank a teacher in your life – or your child’s life – I’m giving away a $25 Visa Gift Card to one lucky reader.
Leave a comment below and tell me about a teacher that has made a difference in your life or your child’s.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Mud Pies & Butterflies. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of Mud Pies & Butterflies on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Leave a comment on the Mud Pies & Butterflies Wall and tell thank them for their tribute to teachers. (One time – leave a link to your comment.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and Mud Pies & Butterflies on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on October 7th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of YouCast Corp on behalf of Mud Pies & Butterflies. I have not been compensated for this post in any way. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.