This is my absolute favorite Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. I make it far too often, but they’re just soooooo good that I can’t help it! The kids love when we make this, because they have a blast rolling the dough into little balls and smashing them with forks.
I found the recipe here: CooksRecipes.com
They have tons of great cookie recipes, so be sure to check them all out. (Don’t drool on your computer, though. It may short out your keyboard!)
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (Do Not Use old-fashioned style or freshly ground)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Beat in both sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl. Stir half of dry ingredients into mixture. Add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough into 1 3/4 -inch ball. Arrange dough balls 2 1/2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using back of a fork, flatten dough and form crosshatch design on tops.
- Bake cookies until dry on top and golden brown on bottom, about 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead). Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Makes about 4 dozen.