This giveaway will end Sunday, May 22nd at 11:59pm EST.
I have been through the potty training process many, many times. Not only have I had to potty train my own children, but all the years I worked in daycare, I was the “two’s room” teacher. That meant kids couldn’t graduate from my class and move up to the 3’s room until they were completely potty trained.
I have potty trained the easiest children, and I have potty trained the untrainable child. (I swore my daughter Lucy would be in diapers throughout high school.) But every time I go through it, I still get stumped and it feels like I’m potty training my first child all over again.
Luckily, I’ve been introduced to an excellent resource for potty training: It’s a book and DVD called “The Magic Bowl.” The author, renowned child psychologist Dr. Baruch Kushnir, has worked with over 24, 000 children… that totally beats my numbers! He wrote the book to help parents act and react properly during the toilet training process.
I’ve been using the book and the DVD for a couple of weeks now, and I am loving it! Parker has been difficult to potty train. (And that’s putting it nicely!) We even invested in a $60 school bus shaped potty with our Hayneedle gift card, hoping that a “fun” potty would make him more likely to use it. He used it all right – as a coloring board. There are marker and crayon scribbles all over the potty now. Sigh.
Needless to say, frustration reigned supreme around here whenever the “potty” was mentioned.
Then, I started reading the book. I love this book. It literally answers every single question a parent dealing with potty training a toddler could have. Every single question. In the book, parents are given step by step instructions on how to properly potty train their child.
The dvd is great, too! I’m pretty sure Parker has watched it about 50 times. And Lucy loves it, too, even though she’s been potty trained for almost 2 years now. The songs are fun, and the cartoon toddlers totally captivate Parker. It’s definitely a great way to encourage him to give the potty a try.
I have read a lot of books on the subject of potty training, and I’ve had a lot of practice, but this book has been an excellent resource, and it’s one that I wish I had had years ago when I was potty training my first child and I was working in the local daycare centers. I probably would have handed a copy to every single parent of the daycare children I cared for.
Parker still isn’t potty trained, but we are SO much closer than we were two weeks ago. I think we would have made even more progress, but the other day, Parker fell in the potty and it scared him. It put us right back to step one, so we’re starting over and taking things one day at a time. That’s why I love this book so much. I can start over and encourage Parker to keep trying.
I would highly recommend the book and DVD, The Magic Bowl, to any parent that’s facing the difficult task of potty training a toddler. It doesn’t matter if you are potty training your first or your fifteenth child, this book is an excellent resource to have on hand. You can bet that I’ll be holding onto this and using it with Gage when it’s time to potty train him as well!
If you’d like to get your hands on a copy of The Magic Bowl, head on over to Amazon.com where it’s on sale for just $15.56. (That is an amazing deal for all the information packed inside this book – and the dvd!)
I’ve also got a copy of the book and DVD to give away to one lucky winner!
Leave a comment and tell me why you want to win this giveaway.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to Blessed Beyond Words and The Magic Bowl. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of Blessed Beyond Words on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow Blessed Beyond Words on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY)
Use the re-tweet button above, or here’s a sample tweet:
- Trying to potty train a toddler? Get help with The Magic Bowl Giveaway hosted by @angievinez – Ends 5/22: http://tinyurl.com/3jbmneu
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- Write a Review on Alexa (3 extra entries. Please leave your Alexa username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on May 22nd at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via the “And the Winner is..” plugin. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by Parent Reviewers on behalf of Price World Publishing and asked if I would host a review and giveaway. I was sent a copy of the book and DVD to facilitate my honest and thorough review. Opinions expressed are 100% my own. Other readers may have different opinions. I was in no other way compensated for this post.