This giveaway will end Thursday, June 9th at 11:59pm EST.
I was brokenhearted when my tv went out on Friday morning, April 29th, 2011. It was the day that so many had been waiting for – Catherine Middleton, a commoner was about to become a princess.
And I missed it.
Now, I am not obsessed with the Royal family in any way. I just find it fascinating that a normal, every day girl was becoming a princess. I wanted to see her dress, and at least watch the ceremony. But, I couldn’t. TV was out, and the satellite wasn’t going to go back up for several more days.
When I was contacted by a PR rep and asked if I wanted to review and/or giveaway a copy of The Royal Wedding on DVD, I jumped at the chance. Even if I didn’t get the chance to review the DVD, I could still share it with my readers.
Well, guess what? They let me have a copy to review as well! I was so excited!
As soon as it arrived, I popped some popcorn, put the DVD in, snuggled up with Lucy and Parker, (the other kids were at school, and hubby was at work), and started watching. Lucy didn’t move. She loved the idea of becoming a princess, and as we watched, she kept asking me if someday she could become a princess too. I told her this DVD proves that anything is possible.
The DVD is fantastic. Having released on May 24th, the DVD is about 2 hours long, and it features Catherine’s arrival at Westminster Abbey, the entire ceremony, the carriage procession, and there’s even the traditional balcony appearance at Buckingham Palace. And that’s not even all of it! There’s also a special feature that includes a 50-minute documentary of William & Kate – A Royal Engagement.
It was so nice to be able to watch the events without commercial interruption, and see everything I missed. Now, I get to give one of my readers the opportunity to win a copy of The Royal Wedding: William & Catherine for themselves!
If you can’t wait to get your hands on a copy of the DVD, head to the BBC America Shop or Amazon.com and grab a copy. (Amazon has it on sale for just $4.99 right now, and you can get it shipped for free if your order totals $25 or more!)
Simply leave a comment on this post and tell me the answer to this question: Did you watch The Royal Wedding on the day it aired?
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to Blessed Beyond Words or this post. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Leave a comment on any non-giveaway post, and leave a comment here telling me which post you commented on. (Unlimited.)
- Become a fan of Blessed Beyond Words on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow Blessed Beyond Words on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY)
Use the re-tweet button above, or here’s a sample tweet:
- Win a copy of The Royal Wedding on DVD. Giveaway hosted by @angievinez – Ends 6/9: http://tinyurl.com/3egzp37
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
- Write a Review on Alexa (3 extra entries. Please leave your Alexa username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on June 9th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via the “And the Winner is..” plugin. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a representative of BBC America. I received a copy of the DVD in order to facilitate my review. Opinions expressed are 100% my own. The sponsor is fulfilling the prize as stated above. I was in no other way compensated for this post.