I was recently introduced to Tutortogs, a new product line of clothes that contain high-contrast designs to capture baby’s attention and help stimulate baby’s visual development.
I’ve never seen anything quite like it, and I have to say that I think it’s a fantastic idea! We’ve known for years that babies need visual stimulation of bold black and white patterns with a dash of bright color, but this is the first time I’ve seen a company actually put that onto clothing for the purpose of helping baby develop.
Currently there are 4 shirt designs available: Polka Polka, Pretty Lady Ladybug, Classic Stripe, and Racing Check. Each designed with baby in mind. I’ve also heard that there are plans to release infant wear and accessories including tote bag and something for Dad.
The fabulous thing about the shirts that they have available now is that they’re not only perfect for new moms (think baby shower gifts!!), but for Grandmas, Aunts, Nannies, and other caregivers. (Tell me what Grandma wouldn’t want to wear a shirt that’s going to have her grandbaby’s eyes glued to her all day?!)
For this review, I was able to select one of the shirts to test out and give you my thoughts. I selected the Pretty Lady Ladybug shirt, because I thought it would be the best to test out with Parker. Parker is past the need for infant visual stimulation, but I figured I could use this shirt in a different way with him. And I was right! I definitely made the best decision for working with Parker.
The shirt is excellent quality. It’s a thick, soft t-shirt, and it fits great. Yep. It fits now, even over my ever-expanding belly. And I would definitely consider it nursing-friendly if I were still nursing Parker. Plus, it’s just so feminine and pretty. I really love everything about it.
Parker loves the shirt, too. When I wear it, he loves pointing at the ladybugs. Then, we take it a step further. “Where’s the red ladybug?” “Show me a ladybug with open wings.” “How about one with closed wings?” “Do you see a bug on my sleeve?” When we do this, I can see his little mind just working away. I love that something as simple as the clothes I wear can encourage my baby to learn. I’m looking forward to using it with the new baby as well. I absolutely love it and would recommend it to any new mom or mom-to-be, grandma, caregiver, or someone looking for the perfect unique shower gift.
Want to Try Tutortogs for Yourself and Your baby?
Buy Them: You can head to the Tutortogs website and pick out your favorite designs. At less than $50 each (and most less than $45), they’re an excellent value and would make the perfect baby shower or Christmas gift.
You Can Win! I get to give one lucky winner their choice of a Turtortogs Shirt in the size you need.
Visit the Tutortogs’ Shop and then come back here and tell me which design catches your eye most that you’d love to test out on your baby. (Don’t worry. It doesn’t have to be your final selection if you win. Just tell me which design you love.)
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Tutortogs. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries.)
- Subscribe to us via reader. (1 extra entry.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Become a fan of Tutortogs on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Leave a comment on Tutortogs’ Facebook Wall and tell them that Angie @ 5 Vinez Monkeys sent you. (One time – leave a link to your comment.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted with your Facebook User Name.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys and Tutortogs on twitter. (Leave your twitter id, please!)
- Tweet about this contest. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Grab the Baby Bonanza button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to residents of the US. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on October 5th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: I was contacted by a member of Mantra Public Relations on behalf of Tutortogs. I received a sample to facilitate my honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own. I have not been compensated in any way other than the sample product for this review. The sponsor is fulfilling the winner’s prize as stated above.