Breastfeeding is best for baby. But what if you struggle with breastfeeding in public? I had such a hard time with it. I would always head to the van and nurse the baby in complete privacy. That way, if he or she pulled the blanket off, no one was around for the peep show.
But, by the time Parker came around, things were different. I now had 5 kids to manage, and Parker absolutely refused the bottle. I had no choice but to nurse him wherever and whenever he needed to eat. And since hubby was working so much, if I went out with the kids, I couldn’t drag all of us back to the truck just because it was Parker’s feeding time.
But, I still had to be discreet. I hated using blankets, because they could be pulled off so easily, and there’s no good way to make eye contact with a baby using a blanket. I needed something that would stay put, keep me covered, and allow me to peek in on baby when I wanted.
I discovered Udder Covers and ordered a bunch of cover-ups during one of their sales. They come in so many fabulous colors and patterns. I loved the way they fit. They were long enough to cover everything, and the neckline bent so that I could keep an eye on Parker.
Here’s some information about Udder Covers, as taken from their website:
We at Udder Covers® are committed to making the most dependable nursing cover on the market. It’s simple. We want you to have a product that will cover you where you need it and yet still allow you to have eye contact with your baby – all while wearing something chic and stylish.
Each of our nursing covers is marked with our signature Udder Covers™ logo.
Our rigid neckline gives you direct eye contact with baby.
Our fabrics are made of 100% breathable cotton.
Stainless steel d-rings allow fully adjustable neckline.
Our covers allow mothers everywhere to breastfeed their babies in comfort, style and confidence… anytime – anyplace!
Want to Try Udder Covers for Yourself?
To Buy: You can head to the Udder Covers website and order your favorite cover. These covers are so popular, though, that they’re back-ordered until June 30th! (They’re totally worth the wait, though!)
You Can WIN! Don’t want to wait until June 30th? I’ve got a Brand New Udder Cover in the Carson Pattern (pictured on the right) to give to one lucky winner. The winner will also get a bonus gift – a red Milk Bands Nursing Bracelet.
Visit the Udder Covers website and tell me which cover design is your favorite.
*Mandatory. If this is not done, you cannot win.
Want Extra Entries?
- Blog About this Giveaway. Be sure to include a link to 5 Vinez Monkeys and Udder Covers. (5 extra entries)
- Subscribe to us via email. (2 extra entries. Subscribing to feed in a reader no longer counts.)
- Vote for my Recipe on Hybrid Mom. (2 extra entries. One vote per person, please. If you’ve already voted, please claim your extra points.)
- Become a fan of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Add me as a friend on Facebook. (Leave your Facebook first name and last initial, please.)
- Share this giveaway on Facebook. (Once per DAY – just leave a link, or copy/paste text that you posted.)
- Write a review of 5 Vinez Monkeys on Alexa. (3 extra entries. Leave your Alexa profile name, please.)
- Follow 5 Vinez Monkeys on twitter and tweet about this contest. (Leave your twitter id and a link to your tweet here, please!)
- Tweet about this contest daily. (1 Tweet Per DAY.)
- Grab our button and put it on your blog. (Leave us a link to your blog, please!)
- Add us to your blog roll. (Leave a link to your blog, please!)
- Follow our blog publicly – either through Google’s Followers Gadget or through Facebook’s Networked Blogs. (Leave a comment for each one that you do. Anonymous following doesn’t count.)
- Stumble this post. (Once. Please leave your stumbledupon username.)
Fine Print: Contest is open to US Continental Residents ONLY. If you already do any of the above, you qualify. Please leave a comment for each of the extra entries you complete. However, you must first leave the required comment as stated above. Giveaway will end on June 9th at 11:59pm (EST), and the winner will be selected via random.org. Winner will be notified via email upon selection, and will have 48 hours to claim their prize.
Disclaimer: This giveaway is sponsored by me, Angela Vinez. It is not sponsored by Udder Covers in any way. The winner will receive a new-in-the-package Udder Cover in the Carson Pattern and a red Milk Bands Nursing Bracelet. I was in no way compensated for this post, and hope my readers enjoy the prize!