If you’re like me, when it comes time to get a gift for a baby shower, or for a new mom-to-be, you want to give a unique baby gift. Something she can use, but not something that everyone else would think of.
I’ve been browsing the web a lot lately, trying to find unique baby gift ideas, and I sure hit the jackpot! Here are some of the things I’ve run across. Maybe they’ll help you find the perfect baby shower gift, or maybe you’ll find something to add to your wish list!
- Diaper Cakes – I *love* diapers cakes for baby shower gifts. They give mom lots of diapers, and they usually contain other necessities tucked in them – toys, shampoo, onesies, etc. Just be warned, if you do a search for “diaper cakes” on google, you’ll probably get overwhelmed with all the places to purchase them. Talk to friends and consult blogs for recommendations. There are plenty of really great diaper cake makers out there. Find the one that best fits your needs. Or, if you’re like me and want to do things yourself, I found a cute website where you can purchase the step-by-step instructions to make your own diaper cake. (Warning: These cakes don’t just look like cakes! They’re shaped like animals and other fun things!) View the instruction site here: DiaperZoo.com
- Personalized Baby Gifts – My favorite gifts are those that are personalized. Of course, since I don’t tell anyone the baby’s name until he or she is born, I don’t tend to receive any personalized gifts. But, they really are my favorite. What mom doesn’t want to see their new baby’s name embroidered on a baby blanket, written on a wall plaque, painted onto a stool, or given in some other fashion? Just make sure that you get the proper spelling of the baby’s name before you get anything personalized!!
- Gift Baskets – stocked with the good stuff: baby wash, baby shampoo, baby towel, baby wipes, diapers, washcloths, diaper rash cream, baby first aid kit, etc. You can find these all over the internet, or you can make your own.
- Clothing – Clothes are always good, but avoid giving 0 – 3 month clothes. Mom will have a *ton* of them, and usually baby won’t get to wear everything he’s given. When I give clothing, I always try to give sizes 12 months and up, so that baby doesn’t hit a growth spurt and have to go naked! (Just try and think about the seasons when baby will need a 12 month size.)
- Diapers – Diapers are always good, but everyone seems to buy size newborn or size 1. With Jace, I ended up with 8 packs of untouched size newborn diapers, because he never wore them. He came out big, and grew even bigger fast. Buy size 2 or 3. Mom will thank you when she still has a diaper stash she can go to when baby is 6 months old!
There are tons of options when it comes to unique baby gifts, and you don’t have to search very hard to find them. Of course, if you still need help, here’s one of my favorite websites for finding unique baby gifts: The Corner Stork.
Got some unique baby gift ideas of your own? Share them here! I’m sure my readers would love to hear them!
Disclaimer: I was not contacted by any company or asked to put up this post. I received no compensation in any form. I’m simply sharing my thoughts and opinions with my readers, and opinions expressed are 100% my own.