I read a review on a website for an item today, and it’s something that I absolutely could live without. (I’m not mentioning products or blog names, but will tell you that the item made my 2nd list below.) So, I thought I’d make up a list of the things that I’m glad I have (or wish I had!), and the things that are just a total waste of money. You may agree or disagree, but here are my lists.
It’s funny, but most of my favorite items have come from the Virtual Baby Shower and from friends.
Here are my absolute must-haves:
1. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow – Better than any boppy pillow or anything I have ever used. I wish I had had one of these with all my kids. Maybe my back wouldn’t hurt as bad now!
2. Swaddle Designs Blankets – These things rock. They are huge and they make an excellent nursing cover. I’m not afraid to nurse in public when I have one of these on hand. And, Parker LOVES to be swaddled in them. It’s a win-win for both of us.
3. Boogie Wipes – I wish our Walmart sold them. These have become an instant favorite around here, far better than any kleenex or toilet paper!
4. Infant Gowns – quick, easy diaper changes for the baby who poops a million times a day/night.
5. Hyland’s Teething Tablets – God’s gift to mothers of teething babies. I discovered these when Ash was teething and have used them ever since.
6. Babycapes – while I could probably live without them, I don’t want to. They are the coolest idea ever and I loved Parker’s so much that I ordered one for Lucy.
7. Butt Paste – Another of God’s great gifts. This stuff works on the worst diaper rash, and believe me, we’ve seen it over the years!
8. A Rocking Chair – I could sit for hours and just rock my babies. I love that feeling so much. In fact, with my next paycheck, I’m going and buying me a rocking chair so that I can rock my baby. (We donated ours to our church nursery before we found out Parker was coming!)
9. An Infant Swing – the perfect way to rock a baby when you need to be able to use your hands! (Thank you, Natalie. LOL!)
10. The Angel Care Baby Monitor – I know it sounds silly that I would list this, but after Jace stopped breathing several times, I couldn’t be without this thing.
Now, want to know the things I could definitely live without?
1. LilyPadz – Oh.My.Gosh. The first time I stuck one of these to my boobs and my milk let down, the thing fell right off. I have an extremely overactive letdown and lilypadz just can’t handle it. Great idea, but a waste of money for me!
2. Diaper Wipes Warmers – I always crack up when people register for these or actually purchase them for someone. Is a chilly wipe really going to hurt your baby? My kids have all been wiped with cold wipes. Poor widdle things
3. Zaky Infant Pillows – Ok, I’m sorry, but really? People buy these? They totally creep me out!
4. Soothing Spa & Shower Baby Bath – This one just totally grosses me out. Odds are, baby’s going to poop in the tub. Let’s then spray that poop all over baby. Yeah. Makes total sense.
5. Baby No Bumps – Ok, so maybe if I had had one of these when Lucy was learning to walk, she wouldn’t have had all of those goose eggs on her head. But, still. It’s my fault for not baby proofing the house better – or catching her faster. These things look ridiculous!