We always want to look and feel our best, especially when we’re moms. Why? Because we’re already frazzled and tired, we just don’t want anyone to know how frazzled and tired we truly are. When our skin is healthy and radiant, we feel healthy and radiant.
Follow these tips to keep your skin beautiful all summer long, and everyone will be asking you what your secret is.
- Keep Your Skin Moisturized – Finding a good moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated during the summer is the key ingredient to having healthier looking skin. Don’t just stop at your face. Moisturize your entire body after you get out of the shower, and you’ll feel better all day long.
- Always, Always, Always Wear Sunscreen – You are constantly being bombarded by the sun’s rays. Keep them off of you with a good sun screen. Don’t just apply it to your face. Be sure to apply it to any exposed skin surface to keep your whole body looking beautiful this summer. Many times you can find a combination moisturizer and sunscreen, just be sure you apply something with at least SPF 15. (Then, be sure to reapply often throughout the day, or when you’re in the sun for any length of time.)
- Don’t Go Heavy on the Makeup – Your moisturizer, a touch of concealer, some mascara, and a little lip gloss are all you need for a healthy glow. Keeping things soft and natural will not only have you looking great, you’ll feel great too.
- Invest in a Hat – a good hat will keep the sun’s rays off your face, and it will leave you feeling fashionable. Whether your style is a baseball cap from your favorite team, a big, bold sun hat, or something in between, protect your face and your eyes with a hat.
- Wear UV Protective Clothing – If you know you’re going to be outside during the sun’s peak hours, consider wearing UV protective clothing. They’ll leave you feeling cool and comfortable, but they’ll also be protecting you from the sin’s harsh rays.
- Read up on Women’s Beauty – A great way to learn more about female beauty is to stay connected to the latest trends in beauty, and find out what you need for healthy, better looking skin by reading magazines and articles relating to beauty. By staying on top of the current trends, you’ll know what’s “hot” and what’s not, and you’ll quickly learn what works.
The more you protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays, the better your skin will look and feel. And, when your skin looks and feels better, you look and feel better.